Home » Support » 3D Applications » plugin for Rhino......to hollow models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #7860] Sat, 21 November 2009 12:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar tree  is currently offline tree
Go to my shop
hiya guys and gals.

im using Rhino 4 for modeling, and there is no "make this hollow" comand as part of it. ive found a plugin (meshCAD) that dose it, but its only a 10 use trial.

are there any free plugins that people can recomend that can do the job as $495 for the full meshCAD thing is a littlle over the top seeing as im only after one of its functions.

please help

Tree
Re: plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #8652 is a reply to message #7860 ] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I was going to post this question myself... not with using Rhino but with 3D models in general. I too need a third party app to hollow out models - or Shapeways needs to find a way NOT to charge people for the inside of a belly of a giant elephant with a 2mm skin!!

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #44849 is a reply to message #8652 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 21:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aphollis  is currently offline aphollis
Go to all my models
It doesn't work for complex hollowing projects, but I use Offset, then booleanDifference, or boolean2obj for most of my needs.

Previous Topic:Blender - mask too thick!!
Next Topic:Rhino

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.