Home » Support » 3D Applications » plugin for Rhino......to hollow models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #7860] Sat, 21 November 2009 12:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar tree  is currently offline tree
Go to my shop
hiya guys and gals.

im using Rhino 4 for modeling, and there is no "make this hollow" comand as part of it. ive found a plugin (meshCAD) that dose it, but its only a 10 use trial.

are there any free plugins that people can recomend that can do the job as $495 for the full meshCAD thing is a littlle over the top seeing as im only after one of its functions.

please help

Tree
Re: plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #8652 is a reply to message #7860 ] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I was going to post this question myself... not with using Rhino but with 3D models in general. I too need a third party app to hollow out models - or Shapeways needs to find a way NOT to charge people for the inside of a belly of a giant elephant with a 2mm skin!!

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: plugin for Rhino......to hollow models [message #44849 is a reply to message #8652 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 21:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aphollis  is currently offline aphollis
Go to all my models
It doesn't work for complex hollowing projects, but I use Offset, then booleanDifference, or boolean2obj for most of my needs.

Previous Topic:Blender - mask too thick!!
Next Topic:Rhino