Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Molder needed for action figure accessories
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Molder needed for action figure accessories [message #44816] Sat, 03 March 2012 02:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar ptrckcrw2  is currently offline ptrckcrw2
Go to all my models
I own a small vacuum forming co. Right now we make reproduction bubbles / blisters for Transformers, GI Joe and other 80's action figures. We also make stormtroopers.

Right now I resin cast reproduction accessories for transformers and gi joes. I want to know if it would be cheaper to print these and if somebody could make the files? Let me know if you can help and how much?
Re: Molder needed for action figure accessories [message #44817 is a reply to message #44816 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 02:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
TK-5728 here,

Depending on the size and quantity, printing could be a better option, but it really depends on how many you're making and the size. I'd only consider it if you're talking small stuff. Is the stuff you're working on licensed, or more just for legion folks? I've been using 3D printing to make the master, and then doing silicon molds and presssure castings because of the cost.

Todd
www.custom3Dstuff.com

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Molder needed for action figure accessories [message #44818 is a reply to message #44817 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 03:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ptrckcrw2  is currently offline ptrckcrw2
Go to all my models
They are pretty small. For example I reproduce deck clips for the GI Joe flagg. already have molds, however it takes forever to make a bunch.

Re: Molder needed for action figure accessories [message #44819 is a reply to message #44817 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 03:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Yea so that kinda stuff where you can hold a few in your hand at once is cheap enough to justify printing them because of the time it takes to make the molds and castings. Hit me up at todd@custom3Dstuff.com and we can talk more

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Molder needed for action figure accessories [message #44822 is a reply to message #44816 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 05:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar marcobeer  is currently offline marcobeer
Go to my shop
Hi,

It seems to be the easiest way to produce products but unfortunately it's not the cheapest way and there are still a lot of printing lines that need to be cleaned by you or customer.

I have a product line for own company, but I'm considering to cancel these product due to problems mentioned above and inconsistency by shapeways.

Cheers Marco

Previous Topic:need : 3d model of a DOUBLE HELIX SPRING
Next Topic:Modeler need for the Six Sage Medallions from OoT

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.