Home » Community » It arrived! » sculpture!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
sculpture! [message #44238] Tue, 21 February 2012 01:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar ocb  is currently offline ocb
Go to my shop
i couldn't be more excited about my shapeways print! this is my first serious foray into the world of digital sculpting and it feels pretty great to finally have something tangible sitting here on the desk.

learned alot on this one, so hopefully the next sculpt will go a bit faster. looking forward to painting this one up. i will post more when i take better photos.

• Attachment: IMG_0114.jpg
    (Size: 855.65KB, Downloaded 335 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0115.jpg
    (Size: 862.56KB, Downloaded 103 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0116.jpg
    (Size: 948.63KB, Downloaded 180 time(s))

Re: sculpture! [message #44242 is a reply to message #44238 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 02:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar animerb  is currently offline animerb
Go to all my models
neat. im guessing you made this in zbrush or something similar? may i ask what the heck it is? Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2012 14:13 UTC] by Moderator

Re: sculpture! [message #44243 is a reply to message #44242 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 02:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
i made this mostly in sculptris, but some of the underlying forms i built in rhino first. as to what it is, it's art, baby!
Re: sculpture! [message #44269 is a reply to message #44238 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 14:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It kind of looks like a very warty toad with no front legs. I've been using sculptris lately, and I love it! So easy to make what you envision.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: sculpture! [message #44349 is a reply to message #44269 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 23:56 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
i like "warty toad with no front legs." my sculptures are intended to spark a kind of free-association of organic form, so whatever you see works for me.

sculptris is a very cool program, and it's great that the print picks up all that detail. i think that when i get in finished the texture will pop a lot better. also better photos will help.

Previous Topic:First part arrived - Really impressed!
Next Topic:By Your Side

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.