Home » Community » It arrived! » I like Owls!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I like Owls! [message #44341] Wed, 22 February 2012 22:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar MichaelMueller  is currently offline MichaelMueller
Go to my shop
Hi,

got a nice package from shapeways today. Smile
I've made two owl buckles ...
Owls are always looking some kind of spooky and mystery. Guess it comes from there big eyes.
I really like this creatures so I certainly will do some more owl stuff in the next weeks.

Michael
 http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/431932/photos/photo70828.jpg
http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/463787/photos/photo70826.jpg
http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/463787/photos/photo70824.jpg
More Infos:
Owl Buckle
Another Owl Buckle

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44389 is a reply to message #44341 ] Thu, 23 February 2012 18:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JuanManuelVargas  is currently offline JuanManuelVargas
Go to my shop
Great model Michael. Very original. 5 stars.
Re: I like Owls! [message #44426 is a reply to message #44389 ] Fri, 24 February 2012 11:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you Juan!

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44453 is a reply to message #44341 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 00:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I like the top one. I'm curious how stable the buckle is on the belt? I've never used a buckle quite like that, and I would imagine the post might slip out of belt holes.

Do you have any improvements planned for a future version? I know I sometimes receive projects and see only the flaws.
Re: I like Owls! [message #44468 is a reply to message #44453 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi,

the buckles work great on "snap on leather belt straps". I guess this belts are very common. There are plenty of them e.g. on etsy.com. Really easy to use.
I made 4 buckles so far but only the "another owl buckle" has already a build-in-mounting for the belt. This works nice and I'll change it on the other buckles so they will be "ready to use", too.
There are also some other improvements I want to do this weekend... the owl buckle could be a little bigger and there is an extruded edge on the inside of the "another owl" which makes it a little difficult to close the belt. If this endge is more smooth, it should be perfect to use.

Michael

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44603 is a reply to message #44341 ] Tue, 28 February 2012 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar StewMM  is currently offline StewMM
Go to my shop
Reminds me of Jason and the Argonauts. well done!
icon14.gif  Re: I like Owls! [message #44855 is a reply to message #44341 ] Sun, 04 March 2012 01:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
very nice design, well made too

Walter White

Previous Topic:Internet Meme Rings
Next Topic:My toy car prototype came in!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.