Home » Community » It arrived! » I like Owls!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I like Owls! [message #44341] Wed, 22 February 2012 22:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar MichaelMueller  is currently offline MichaelMueller
Go to my shop
Hi,

got a nice package from shapeways today. Smile
I've made two owl buckles ...
Owls are always looking some kind of spooky and mystery. Guess it comes from there big eyes.
I really like this creatures so I certainly will do some more owl stuff in the next weeks.

Michael
 http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/431932/photos/photo70828.jpg
http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/463787/photos/photo70826.jpg
http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/463787/photos/photo70824.jpg
More Infos:
Owl Buckle
Another Owl Buckle

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44389 is a reply to message #44341 ] Thu, 23 February 2012 18:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JuanManuelVargas  is currently offline JuanManuelVargas
Go to my shop
Great model Michael. Very original. 5 stars.
Re: I like Owls! [message #44426 is a reply to message #44389 ] Fri, 24 February 2012 11:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you Juan!

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44453 is a reply to message #44341 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 00:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I like the top one. I'm curious how stable the buckle is on the belt? I've never used a buckle quite like that, and I would imagine the post might slip out of belt holes.

Do you have any improvements planned for a future version? I know I sometimes receive projects and see only the flaws.
Re: I like Owls! [message #44468 is a reply to message #44453 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi,

the buckles work great on "snap on leather belt straps". I guess this belts are very common. There are plenty of them e.g. on etsy.com. Really easy to use.
I made 4 buckles so far but only the "another owl buckle" has already a build-in-mounting for the belt. This works nice and I'll change it on the other buckles so they will be "ready to use", too.
There are also some other improvements I want to do this weekend... the owl buckle could be a little bigger and there is an extruded edge on the inside of the "another owl" which makes it a little difficult to close the belt. If this endge is more smooth, it should be perfect to use.

Michael

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: I like Owls! [message #44603 is a reply to message #44341 ] Tue, 28 February 2012 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar StewMM  is currently offline StewMM
Go to my shop
Reminds me of Jason and the Argonauts. well done!
icon14.gif  Re: I like Owls! [message #44855 is a reply to message #44341 ] Sun, 04 March 2012 01:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jewelry  Lab  is currently offline Jewelry Lab
Go to my shop
very nice design, well made too

Walter White

Previous Topic:Internet Meme Rings
Next Topic:My toy car prototype came in!