Home » Community » General Discussion » Has Shapeways changed shipping to a slower option ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Has Shapeways changed shipping to a slower option ? [message #44239] Tue, 21 February 2012 02:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tbmod  is currently offline Tbmod
Go to my shop
OK I was very pleased when my latest order order was produced several days ahead of schedule. It was due to be shipped on the 21st Feb and I got the "your order has been shipped" notice on the 16th. Netherlands 02/16/2012 4:45 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

But since then it's only got as far as: Koeln, Germany 02/20/2012 11:24 P.M. Arrival Scan.

OK there has been a weekend in between, but this seemed very slow. On checking however I noticed it had been shipped "UPS Expedited" rather that the "UPS Super Saver" which Shapeways has used in the past (Expedited is slower than Supersaver in spite of the name ! - 2-5 business days as opposed to 1-3)

So is this a new policy for Shapeways - produce things quicker but ship them slower ? I'm not opposed to this just curious and it would help me plan which days I need to stay in incase the parcel arrives. The parcel is shipping to Asia so it's got a long way to go yet.

Tom

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2012 02:27 UTC]

Re: Has Shapeways changed shipping to a slower option ? [message #44261 is a reply to message #44239 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your message.

Yes you are indeed right in some sort of way.
Shapeways indeed introduced slower shipment if the model will still be on time for its original deadline.

As UPS Worldwide Express Plus (1-3 days) costs a lot more then the shipping costs we charge at the moment, we have chosen to use UPS Worldwide Expedited as long as we can guarantee that the model will still be on time.

However, in the future we will start offering multiple choices for shipment (faster or slower).
This way you can choose yourself if you would like to pay more or less for the shipment.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

As for your package, for some strange reason it took already 3 days to leave Eindhoven, this should not have happened and should have happened on the 17th already. I'm sorry for this.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Has Shapeways changed shipping to a slower option ? [message #44274 is a reply to message #44261 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 16:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
It seems that within the USA the slow option is now UPS ground. I just had a package shipped from NY today, it is not scheduled to arrive until Feb 27th (6 days)! Sad

Is there no option between 2nd Day Air and UPS Ground? It seems ridiculous for a 0.5kg package to be driving across the country in a truck! USPS priority mail would go by air, cost less, and arrive in 2 days or less. Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2012 16:52 UTC]

Previous Topic:RapMan 3.2 or MakerBot Replicator?
Next Topic:Shapeways materials for antenna substrate

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.