Home » Community » General Discussion » Watertight and Safe to Drink
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Watertight and Safe to Drink [message #44049] Wed, 15 February 2012 03:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar jorsnore  is currently offline jorsnore
Go to all my models
Hello, I'm working on a water filtration system and while I've come across several posts that reference which materials will degrade in water, are porous, etc. I haven't been able to find a thread that explains whether any of these materials leech enough to be unsafe to drink. I had been planning on milling my product out of aluminum but am considering 3D printing some of the parts instead. Has anyone had any experience with producing pieces that were meant to hold water for drinking? I've looked at a couple of the data sheets for materials but I can't discern any information regarding the effects the material may have on drinking water.

I could vacuum form reservoirs inside the object but would prefer to not have to add this step.

Thanks!

Jordan
Re: Watertight and Safe to Drink [message #44051 is a reply to message #44049 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 03:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
there is only one material that is safe to eat off of... glazed ceramics

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com

Previous Topic:Free Software Draftsight
Next Topic:I can't find the ColladaMaya plug-in for 2012 if you could help me that would be great.