Home » Community » Work in progress » Not seeing volume discount on model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44018] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar JamesSaunders  is currently offline JamesSaunders
Go to my shop
I just uploaded my largest model to date and am receiving a price nearly double what I was expecting. It appears that in WSF it is being priced at $1.40/cm^3, rather than applying the 50% volume discount after the first 20 cm^3. What gives?
Re: Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44020 is a reply to message #44018 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm assuming it has something to do with the "10% density" stipulation, although I am unclear as to how that is calculated. Does that require that 10% of the entire bounding box be printed material? Doesn't that depend on what coordinate system you specify?
Re: Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44023 is a reply to message #44020 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I think I understand the issue a bit more after reading through this: http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2472605-correct-non-monotonous-pricing-scheme

Oh well, it looks like my part's density is only about 1.2%, and even after changing the coordinate system the best I can get is about 3.3%, meaning there is no benefit in increasing density to get the discount.

Previous Topic:El Diablo de le Carretera
Next Topic:Card Carrier 3.0

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.