Home » Community » Work in progress » Not seeing volume discount on model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44018] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar JamesSaunders  is currently offline JamesSaunders
Go to my shop
I just uploaded my largest model to date and am receiving a price nearly double what I was expecting. It appears that in WSF it is being priced at $1.40/cm^3, rather than applying the 50% volume discount after the first 20 cm^3. What gives?
Re: Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44020 is a reply to message #44018 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm assuming it has something to do with the "10% density" stipulation, although I am unclear as to how that is calculated. Does that require that 10% of the entire bounding box be printed material? Doesn't that depend on what coordinate system you specify?
Re: Not seeing volume discount on model [message #44023 is a reply to message #44020 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I think I understand the issue a bit more after reading through this: http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2472605-correct-non-monotonous-pricing-scheme

Oh well, it looks like my part's density is only about 1.2%, and even after changing the coordinate system the best I can get is about 3.3%, meaning there is no benefit in increasing density to get the discount.

Previous Topic:El Diablo de le Carretera
Next Topic:Card Carrier 3.0