Home » Community » General Discussion » The shipping price is too high :(
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  The shipping price is too high :( [message #43824] Sat, 11 February 2012 05:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar vincentutama  is currently offline vincentutama
Go to all my models
Shapeways, I think you must lower the shipping price to Indonesia . It's too expensive !!!
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #43831 is a reply to message #43824 ] Sat, 11 February 2012 09:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
and Australia.
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #43838 is a reply to message #43831 ] Sat, 11 February 2012 14:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
For those of you desiring other shipping options, please add your votes to http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2454223-cheaper-postage-needed

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #44066 is a reply to message #43838 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 12:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Thanks for pointing this out Stony!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #44524 is a reply to message #44066 ] Mon, 27 February 2012 02:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar xxvaderxx  is currently offline xxvaderxx
Go to all my models
Yup, we need options, for the smaller items anything beyond 5 bucks shipping simply is not practical, it is more expensive the shipping than getting the part we need...
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #44539 is a reply to message #44524 ] Mon, 27 February 2012 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
xxvaderxx wrote on Mon, 27 February 2012 02:41

Yup, we need options, for the smaller items anything beyond 5 bucks shipping simply is not practical, it is more expensive the shipping than getting the part we need...

It's a step up from what it used to be, the minimum order used to be $25 so if you wanted $5 worth of prints it would cost $25. It will improve again.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67164 is a reply to message #43838 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 17:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ulisses.neuenschwander  is currently offline ulisses.neuenschwander
Go to all my models
I'm wondering how the chinese sites like DealExtreme get their products all over the world for nothing! Free tracking number if orders above $15, or charge $2 for the tracking number to order below $15.

Can't vote nor comment! Any ideas why?

Ulisses Neuenschwander
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
@ulissesn

notusdesign.com
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67174 is a reply to message #67164 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 18:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop
ulisses.neuenschwander wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 17:23

I'm wondering how the chinese sites like DealExtreme get their products all over the world for nothing! Free tracking number if orders above $15, or charge $2 for the tracking number to order below $15.

Can't vote nor comment! Any ideas why?

Everything's cheaper in China. Even postage services/costs.

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
http://www.zazzle.com/innovodesign*
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67181 is a reply to message #67174 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 19:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar badulaques  is currently offline badulaques
Go to my shop
That's promising! Looking for some chinese shapeways alike startup! anyone knows some?

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 19:26 UTC]

Marina Noronha
Belo horizonte, Brazil
@marinanoronha

shapeways.com/shops/cabinetoftrinkets
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67193 is a reply to message #67181 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 20:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Found this one www.3drp.cn! Now it's time to learn Chinese! Very Happy

Marina Noronha
Belo horizonte, Brazil
@marinanoronha

Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67196 is a reply to message #67193 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 21:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
badulaques wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 20:30

Found this one www.3drp.cn! Now it's time to learn Chinese! Very Happy

Their prices are 3-4 times more expensive than Shapeways. I thought you were looking for a cheaper alternative.

Innovation & Design

Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67199 is a reply to message #67196 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 21:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Quote:

Their prices are 3-4 times more expensive than Shapeways. I thought you were looking for a cheaper alternative.

Did you get a quotation by uploading some file or do you mean that only by looking at the store prices? I didn't find anything about the cost per cm3 in the materials tab. Any luck finding that? I'm trying to get a quotation.

Marina Noronha
Belo horizonte, Brazil
@marinanoronha

Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67202 is a reply to message #67199 ] Tue, 30 April 2013 21:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
badulaques wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 21:23

Quote:

Did you get a quotation by uploading some file or do you mean that only by looking at the store prices? I didn't find anything about the cost per cm3 in the materials tab. Any luck finding that? I'm trying to get a quotation.

The store prices are as good indication as any. Anyway, good luck with your communication, let us know what's the deal.

Innovation & Design

Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67318 is a reply to message #67202 ] Thu, 02 May 2013 10:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar T1NB1OCK  is currently offline T1NB1OCK
Go to my shop
I do agree now the shipping cost is too high especially for my region HONG KONG.
The only way i do is to order projects in group by material. This can reduce the shipping cost by items.
BTW, for that china 3D printing company. My only concern is the copyright issue.
In china, everyone gets your CAD model, they can do anything faster than you in a commercial purpose!

BE careful!
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67506 is a reply to message #43838 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 22:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 11 February 2012 14:18

For those of you desiring other shipping options, please add your votes to http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2454223-cheaper-postage-needed

Well, I would have commented there... but as I have pointed out in the past - at least twice - the feedback section no longer allows me to comment. If I click on your link, Stony, the thread opens up but I'm not logged in and so cannot comment. If I click on the log in button another window opens and I'm back here again!

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67510 is a reply to message #67506 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
That link is 15 months old. Nothing lives forever on the web.

Just post your comments in this thread.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67511 is a reply to message #43824 ] Sun, 05 May 2013 23:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I wish that were the case but not so. It's the feedback section itself I can no longer access. If I go to the Bug Reporting and Site Feedback forum and click on the sticky: How to use the Bug Reporting & Site Feedback section there is a link in there - feedback.shapeways.com - which, if I click on it brings me to here: http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck which is where I'm supposed to be.... EXCEPT that I'm not signed in and if I click on the Sign In button another window opens taking me to whatever window I had open in Shapeways before....

Like I said, I have reported this at least twice and nothing has ever been done...

Using Google Chrome in Windows 8.

I even just tried this with Internet Explorer by entering feedback.shapeways.com directly.... again wasn't signed in so clicked on Sign In and a new window opened with Shapeways homepage...

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 23:45 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67514 is a reply to message #67511 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 02:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Feedback site is "sleeping". Others would say dead.

And links and info are outdated, even after reports and solutions being provided.
Re: The shipping price is too high :( [message #67534 is a reply to message #67199 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 14:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar glehn  is currently offline glehn
Go to my shop
badulaques wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 21:23

Marina,

I have been doing some tests with this company in Brazil: Imprima3D
Have you heard of them?
Their prices are a little higher than Shapeways, but for us in Brazil, shipping is much lower and there will be no import taxes or UPS fees. In the end of the day, each print costed me half of what I usually have to pay for a Shapeways print.
I still think their website is not the best and there are no individual stores for each designer as in Shapeways. But I did a couple of test prints with them and was very happy with the results. Quick delivery (around 1 week), quality of the prints were similar to Shapeways and total cost much lower.

Regards,
Luis

[Updated on: Mon, 06 May 2013 14:06 UTC]

Previous Topic:Design help?
Next Topic:Can you "polish" the gold plated material yourself?