Home » Community » It arrived! » Question block cufflinks and crowbar pendant: FUD used to cast sterling silver
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question block cufflinks and crowbar pendant: FUD used to cast sterling silver [message #43531] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar A.Square  is currently offline A.Square
Go to my shop
This is a little bit out of place, because the prints themselves arrived a long time ago; its only now that they're ready to show off, though.

I used FUD prints to make rubber molds, and then used those molds to produce wax positives for casting in sterling silver. I'm very happy with the results!

I wrote more about the process in a blog post here:
http://upnotnorth.net/2012/02/06/question-block_and_crowbar/

index.php?t=getfile&id=14324&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14325&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14326&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14327&private=0

Re: Question block cufflinks and crowbar pendant: FUD used to cast sterling silver [message #43731 is a reply to message #43531 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 11:21 UTC Go to previous message
avatar philatkin  is currently offline philatkin
Go to my shop
Good to see I'm not the only one trying this!

Here's a video of the process of making some cufflinks in Pewter using Shapeways to manufacture the master - it's a great route to getting difficult pieces ready to cast, although even the most detailed Shapeways process struggles to reproduce really tight detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxuA325fMVg&list=UUBXlOMD a0RgpoWiqXH4NhmA&index=1&feature=plcp

Previous Topic:Baltimore Unboxing Video
Next Topic:1+4+4×4 Cubes Earrings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.