Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need a hand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a hand [message #43696] Wed, 08 February 2012 22:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar Vagabond82  is currently offline Vagabond82
Go to my shop
Hey guys, I need help on a model, I'm still learning a lot about 3D and I'm hoping someone can help me with this it's a Iron Man Hand, that about all I know how to do is make a solid model, but I need it to be a shell so it will be cheaper, and I need a file for the other hand as well so if the file can be flipped around for the other hand after the shell work is done that would be great. I believe the size is about 9.5 inches from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist.
Here's the file it's a High Poly Iron Man Hand.

• Attachment: IM Hand.stl
    (Size: 1.36MB, Downloaded 36 time(s))

Re: Need a hand [message #43714 is a reply to message #43696 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 00:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Here's one attempt at hollowing it out.. it's still a significant amout of material.... it's going to be pricey.

Check your intellectual property rights before you go making this for sale.

It may also be a good idea to bump up the triangle count here.. the printed copy of this version is going to be very faceted.

• Attachment: IM Hand.stl
    (Size: 2.75MB, Downloaded 34 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2012 00:16 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Need a hand [message #43716 is a reply to message #43696 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 00:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Vagabond82  is currently offline Vagabond82
Go to my shop
Thanks, any suggestions on how I can look into flipping it for the other hand?
Re: Need a hand [message #43725 is a reply to message #43716 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 04:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Easy to do.. load into Netfabb-basic, then select Part / Mirror.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Plastic Headset Prototype SketchUp on Freelancer
Next Topic:Modeler needed for adult project

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.