Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need a hand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need a hand [message #43696] Wed, 08 February 2012 22:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar Vagabond82  is currently offline Vagabond82
Go to my shop
Hey guys, I need help on a model, I'm still learning a lot about 3D and I'm hoping someone can help me with this it's a Iron Man Hand, that about all I know how to do is make a solid model, but I need it to be a shell so it will be cheaper, and I need a file for the other hand as well so if the file can be flipped around for the other hand after the shell work is done that would be great. I believe the size is about 9.5 inches from the tip of the middle finger to the wrist.
Here's the file it's a High Poly Iron Man Hand.

• Attachment: IM Hand.stl
    (Size: 1.36MB, Downloaded 36 time(s))

Re: Need a hand [message #43714 is a reply to message #43696 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 00:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Here's one attempt at hollowing it out.. it's still a significant amout of material.... it's going to be pricey.

Check your intellectual property rights before you go making this for sale.

It may also be a good idea to bump up the triangle count here.. the printed copy of this version is going to be very faceted.

• Attachment: IM Hand.stl
    (Size: 2.75MB, Downloaded 34 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2012 00:16 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Need a hand [message #43716 is a reply to message #43696 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 00:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Vagabond82  is currently offline Vagabond82
Go to my shop
Thanks, any suggestions on how I can look into flipping it for the other hand?
Re: Need a hand [message #43725 is a reply to message #43716 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 04:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Easy to do.. load into Netfabb-basic, then select Part / Mirror.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Plastic Headset Prototype SketchUp on Freelancer
Next Topic:Modeler needed for adult project