Home » Community » It arrived! » Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43471] Sun, 05 February 2012 02:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar raperm  is currently offline raperm
Go to all my models
Got these last week, and was really pleased. Not only are they great looking sculpts, but they were amazingly clean. No trimming necessary. No warping, no bubbles, no mold lines...nothing. Definately worth the money. Here's a pic of the painted set. Wish it was better, but I"m having a hell of a time taking good pics of them; can't get outside to get natural light because of the rain.

http://theogresden.net/other_stuff/Fed_X2_squadron.jpg

Here's to the health of Cardinal Puff
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43476 is a reply to message #43471 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 09:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop

Excellent models and painting. Well done!

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43477 is a reply to message #43471 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 10:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar animerb  is currently offline animerb
Go to all my models
just out of curiosity, what kind of scale are those in? feel free to tell me a scale ratio if you know, but it won't do any good since i don't actually know how big an average star ship is. so whats the overall length of the models? also what material are those printed in?
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43481 is a reply to message #43477 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar raperm  is currently offline raperm
Go to all my models
I'm not 100% sure what the scale is, but it's the same as the old FASA Trek minis or the currenet minis produced by ADB for Star Fleet Battles. They were printed in white plastic. The one in the front there is about 2.6 inches in length, if that helps. Fortunately, Irrational Designs shows a quarter next to all the mini images, so you can get a sense of the size. If you just go to the search box on the main page and type "xuvaxi", you'll find them all, with pics and measurements.

Here's to the health of Cardinal Puff
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43484 is a reply to message #43481 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 14:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
IIRC, the old FASA (on rather Ral Partha) StarTrek starship miniatures are 1/3900.
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43536 is a reply to message #43471 ] Mon, 06 February 2012 13:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
raperm wrote on Sun, 05 February 2012 02:58

No warping, no bubbles, no mold lines...nothing.

Mold lines? Where we're going we don't need mold lines!
Seeing the only molded parts on shapeways are the silver parts, and they are lost wax cast, so most you'd see on them is where the silver was poured in.

Also don't you want warping in a Federation star ship? lol I'm kidding of course. I'm glad these came out so well for you. What material were they printed in? Excellent paint job!

[Updated on: Mon, 06 February 2012 13:45 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #43840 is a reply to message #43477 ] Sat, 11 February 2012 15:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coines23  is currently offline coines23
Go to my shop
animerb wrote on Sun, 05 February 2012 10:28

just out of curiosity, what kind of scale are those in? feel free to tell me a scale ratio if you know, but it won't do any good since i don't actually know how big an average star ship is. so whats the overall length of the models? also what material are those printed in?

You know, I never really aimed for a specific scale for these ships. I think they work well with the old plastic ADB Feds.
Re: Irrational Designs Xuvaxi minis [message #44287 is a reply to message #43840 ] Tue, 21 February 2012 20:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar theZamboni  is currently offline theZamboni
Go to all my models
FASA was 1/3900, ADB was 1/3788 but had some inconsistencies that resulted in a number of ships changing size as they move towards 1/3125 (once they get their production issues straightened out.). There's a lot of overlap since most of the ships have made up dimensions anyway.

Previous Topic:Seraphina - Fem
Next Topic:"Jason Adventure" + "Chimaera"

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.