Home » Community » General Discussion » Materials selection question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Materials selection question [message #43386] Fri, 03 February 2012 12:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar alekesam  is currently offline alekesam
Go to my shop
Hello, I'm new around here and I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Is there any way to get more choices of material for an uploaded model? For example, I uploaded a model, went through the printability check and all is well. But when I go into my shop I only have a few options to pick for it upon buying it, even though there's more (and cheaper) materials available on the site. Is the materials pre-picked based on design? And if so, can I change it?
Re: Materials selection question [message #43387 is a reply to message #43386 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 12:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi alekesam,

Welcome to Shapeways! Smile

Many of the materials have minimum and/or maximum size restrictions based on the size of the bounding box that the model will fit into. Sometimes a model can be made to fit the box sizes by rotating the mesh relative to the model's axis, other times the model will need to be scaled up or down.

The maximum sizes can be found from the Materials Comparison Sheet, and more information can be found via the 'design rules' pages for each material.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Previous Topic:Production waiting times for different materials?
Next Topic:Patent on online 3D Printing 'Services'

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.