Home » Community » General Discussion » Production waiting times for different materials?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43005] Sun, 29 January 2012 00:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar SaGaDesign  is currently offline SaGaDesign
Go to my shop
I recently ordered a few different items and was informed I should expect to wait around 2 weeks (3 weeks for one of the items) until the orders get shipped.

Is this the typical lead-time for small orders, and why does it take so long? Once Shapeways expand their production facilities in New York, how quickly do you think we will be able to receive our orders?

It would be amazingly helpful for me in my product sales if sometime soon I could guarantee my clients would receive their items from Shapeways within one week! Smile

Not to mention, the anticipation of waiting to see how new design tests turn out is pretty nerve-wracking....

Cheers,
-Saad
http://www.saga-3d.com/
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/saga

Re: Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43199 is a reply to message #43005 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NovastarDesign  is currently offline NovastarDesign
Go to my shop
totally agree with you !
Re: Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43200 is a reply to message #43005 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
A couple of pages for you to bookmark-

The main materials page has links to all materials, on each material page is the delivery timing for that particular material.

The Materials status page has information regarding any delays for materials.

And don't forget, the quoted times are business days Wink
Re: Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43209 is a reply to message #43005 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 13:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
We've already seen some designs drop from 10 days to 7 days because of the new facilities. As production expands, times will decrease. Right now your order is taken, the file is manually checked to see if it follows the rules for the material and is printable, then it's sent to the printer where it can take upwards of 24 hours to print a full run of items (the longer items have several steps that are just as time consuming). Then it's shipped to the distribution center (NY or NE) and from their put in it's Shapeways packaging and sent to you via UPS which usually takes a day or 2. So there is a lot to do in those days before you get your item. They make it look so quick and easy in the videos Razz

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43246 is a reply to message #43209 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 22:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SaGaDesign  is currently offline SaGaDesign
Go to my shop
Yeah, I know there are definitely a lot of steps.
I just can't wait till Shapeways gets so big and has so many machines that orders can be produced and delivered overnight *gasp* ! Wink

Re: Production waiting times for different materials? [message #43365 is a reply to message #43246 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 00:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Me neither. Smile

We've got a ways to go, but our materials and are lead times do seem to be trending in a good directions.

The materials status page is all green today for the first time!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Questions About Selling
Next Topic:Materials selection question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.