Home »  » Introductions » Hi! New Here....
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi! New Here.... [message #43285] Wed, 01 February 2012 15:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar stuart.andy  is currently offline stuart.andy
Go to all my models
Hi-
I make home decor from concrete. I am looking to figure out if this is a plausible place to make more detailed molds and forms to cast in? Something that would release easily.

As concrete is becoming more and more trendy- we have more and more people copying our designs. We are looking to push the design boundaries here.....

Any info on where to start, advice etc. would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Hi! New Here.... [message #43286 is a reply to message #43285 ] Wed, 01 February 2012 15:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
How big are you looking to do? I think best thing would be Stainless, then polish and maybe even plate it yourself.

Maybe one day shapeways will offer something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbhdZKPHro. But not any time soon.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2012 15:37 UTC]

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hi! New Here.... [message #43292 is a reply to message #43286 ] Wed, 01 February 2012 15:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stuart.andy  is currently offline stuart.andy
Go to all my models
Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, that video represents just the seed of that technology as far as concrete goes....

I don't want to 3d print concrete, but rather 3d print molds that I would pour the concrete into to create our forms....We do bowls, vases, lamps, housewares etc. So, not looking to go big yet.
I am just new to this and wonder if this is the route I should go to even make my molds.

Previous Topic:hey from uk
Next Topic:Hello, some gift ideas

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.