Home »  » Feature this!  » The Pan-NO-head
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
The Pan-NO-head [message #43037] Sun, 29 January 2012 15:23 UTC
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
I think this would be a good choice for being featured, I really like being able to apply 3d printing to my other hobbies.

This is made for the "Samyang 8mm" fisheye lens. It does not matter what camera the lens is on, the pivot points are located over the npp (no parallax point) of the lens, and mounted to the lens itself.

While there are methods for using string and a plumb bob to shoot panos, they do not pivot accurately around the npp which is critical for objects that are close to the lens. I believe this is the first use of a pivot and yoke to suspend the plumb bob accurately from the npp.

Of course this is only as accurate as the operator. I had no problems and I made sure to include foreground and background items in the scenes. I got very good stitches. I have left the few minor errors that were present.

My very first handheld pano with the "Pan-NO-head" is here along with pictures of how it's mounted and operated.
The Pano-NO-head

My next two test panos,
Rainforest house at the zoo from the mezzanine
Rainforest house at the zoo

bvr

ps. Hey Shapeways, can I come shoot an interactive panorama of the production facility in NY with parts that were made there?

Previous Topic:Stitch Bracelet
Next Topic:Still Thinking

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.