Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Sweden
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon7.gif  Hello from Sweden [message #42826] Thu, 26 January 2012 22:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar LarsAndren  is currently offline LarsAndren
Go to all my models
Hi

I am Lars from Sweden fighting with a scale problem at upload Razz

The files was suppose to be 1:1 but show different in "my models"

anyone humble who can help me resize the files Embarassed (i have no 3D Prog.) only Solidview

All best
Lars
Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42837 is a reply to message #42826 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 02:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Hello Lars, if you put up the file, we will give it a look.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
icon14.gif  Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42853 is a reply to message #42837 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 06:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you soooo much Cool

It is 4 files so i zip it

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2012 08:25 UTC]

Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42855 is a reply to message #42853 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 07:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I forgot..

For reference the Wheel size should be 25 mm in diameter and if i am not wrong that means reduce scale to 0.393 something Rolling Eyes
Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42883 is a reply to message #42826 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 14:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ok, here's the problem. The wheel file is drawn in cm. But there is no cm upload option. So you have to scale it up by 10 and upload as mm. I can do it for you or teach you how to do it. Download Meshlab (free), click filters, Normals Curvatures and Orientations, Transform: Scale, Type 10 for all 3 axis and click apply and close. Now click file, export Mesh as. Change the file type to stl and save it as a different name than the original. And you should get this. If you need me to do the other 3 let me know, but I'd like to give you the opportunity to learn if you want.

• Attachment: wheelx10.stl
    (Size: 188.95KB, Downloaded 21 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2012 14:20 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
icon14.gif  Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42884 is a reply to message #42883 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 16:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Woowww thank u thank u so much!! Very Happy

It is easy when you know how to do hehe,,I upload already and will order a test batch

Thanks again
Lars

Ps are you interesting in some other small design object ? with pay ofcors Rolling Eyes Ds
Re: Hello from Sweden [message #42885 is a reply to message #42826 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 16:19 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Email me the details and we can discuss.
Email is below

Previous Topic:Hi From Norway :D
Next Topic:Landed on Shapeways

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.