Home » Community » General Discussion » Questions from the newbie
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Questions from the newbie [message #42754] Wed, 25 January 2012 21:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar jerryvirtz  is currently offline jerryvirtz
Go to all my models
Because I am new to all this, I have a couple questions...

1. What program are people using to create the 3d images to be sent in for production/

2. If we see something on here that we want, but the size is a little off, can the size be modified? As in... Something that is 54mm on the site being scaled down to 45mm. There is a figure that I just love but the game that I play is slightly smaller.

Thank you for your time and I, thus far, love the site.
JLV
Re: Questions from the newbie [message #42766 is a reply to message #42754 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 00:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hi Jerry, welcome to Shapeways!

1. I use Sketchup, but here is a list of many programs that people use. Sketchup is free and good for making geometric models, but if you need to model organic things, Blender is a good free choice.

2. If you need something scaled down, you could message the model owner and ask them. Usually that will work, but there may be material constraints preventing making the model smaller. If you can't contact the owner, perhaps post a linkto the model and a request here in the forum.

It only gets better! Smile

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"

Previous Topic:Confusion in the Ordering Process
Next Topic:123D Make

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.