Home » Community » Introductions » New to shapeways and need some help..
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New to shapeways and need some help.. [message #42520] Mon, 23 January 2012 02:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar pacheco8200  is currently offline pacheco8200
Go to all my models
I ran into this page>> http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77 on how to make a snowglobe with my house in it and thought it would be a nice Valentines gift for my wife. I played with sketchup for a while but didnt get to far. I have taken pictures from all sides of my house and am wondering how much someone would charge me to make a model of my house that I could print? Thanks for looking

Re: New to shapeways and need some help.. [message #45628 is a reply to message #42520 ] Sat, 17 March 2012 21:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PatrickHughes  is currently offline PatrickHughes
Go to my shop
Looks like you've got the snow already.

Autodesk has something called 123Catch. I think it's free. I have no experience with it but from some things I've read and seen on the internets you load some pictures into, assign some dimensions to key points like roof lines, corners, etc and it will create the model.

Edit: oops, maybe next Valentine's Day

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 21:46 UTC]

Patrick Hughes
www.engds.com
Re: New to shapeways and need some help.. [message #45634 is a reply to message #42520 ] Sun, 18 March 2012 00:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
The thing that would help the most is a good set of dimensions. Draw a floorplan of the exterior walls for both floors, and take some accurate measurements.

For the photos, i'd suggest you take at least take one photo of each wall where you're looking at the wall straight on and centered.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:QUESTION OF THE WEEK FOR ALL
Next Topic:Hello everyone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.