Home » Community » General Discussion » FD and FUD questions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FD and FUD questions [message #42391] Fri, 20 January 2012 23:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar Firewhale123  is currently offline Firewhale123
Go to all my models
I have been looking at FD and FUD and I noticed it was good for painting and detail. But when i read more, it said it can be irritatating to eyes and skin, and it said what to do if it get in contact with your eyes/skin. Is this stuff dangerous? It may sound like a stupid question but im kinda new and I dont know much. Thank you

James
Re: FD and FUD questions [message #42408 is a reply to message #42391 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 03:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Please help me Embarassed Sad Crying or Very Sad
Re: FD and FUD questions [message #42431 is a reply to message #42408 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tessman  is currently offline tessman
Go to my shop
From the FD/FUD material page:

http://www.shapeways.com/topics/udesign/materials/frosted_de tail/material_safety_frosteddetails.pdf
Re: FD and FUD questions [message #42433 is a reply to message #42431 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 15:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tessman  is currently offline tessman
Go to my shop
After posting the link to the MSDS, I get the feeling this is only talking about the uncured material, so what you get is probably not so hazardous, but I have no direct experience. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
Re: FD and FUD questions [message #42436 is a reply to message #42391 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 15:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Tessman is right, the MSDS refers to the uncured resins. Even though the parts are cleaned, there is probably a small amount of uncured resin on the surface. It is safe to handle the models, but for a model that would be in constant contact with the skin, like jewelery, use WSF material which is Nylon.

Do not eat FUD models or give them to children.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: FD and FUD questions [message #42472 is a reply to message #42436 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 22:38 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking of making custom lego peices and other models as a hobby. I think it would be best if I used WSF or WUD. Thanks Smile

Previous Topic:Model discription layout
Next Topic:Did 'Yippee! You've Sold a model' notifications just go live timing?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.