Home » Community » It arrived! » My First Ever Ring Arrived
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #42379] Fri, 20 January 2012 22:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar ChrisDaMan  is currently offline ChrisDaMan
Go to all my models
I've been sculpting for about 2 years now, and luckely I discovered shapeways early this January. I wasnt actually planning on print something, but seeing how easy and affordable it was I felt I had to try.

So I decided to go with something small, a ring, always wanted to try design jewelry stuff. I know for sure this wont be my last print, and I will probably go for silver next time when it comes to jewelry because of tiny details. This time I went with steel, and I sorta like the look of it, it looks "old" medieval. Lacks detail tho. But i'm sure if I do a bust or fullfigure I'll go for steel if I can afford it. I might also try out some of the other cheaper materials, maybe white strong flexible. ( i'm kinda afraid tho, because I dont know how the different materials feel ).

I'm surpriced my ring made it, wall tickness is 1mm all over the place. I didnt expect it to be doable. Since I didnt knew my ringsize, it turned out a little too big for my ringfinger, but fits perfect on my middle finger. It's so cool to see 3D modeled stuff printed. You just do model something on a computer and suddenly you can hold it in your hands.

What a great feeling Very Happy ( and seriously, did they hire supermann for shipment? When shipped, it took 2 days and it was right outside my door ) Netherlands to Norway.

index.php?t=getfile&id=13657&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=13660&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=13659&private=0

• Attachment: Designet.jpg
    (Size: 101.83KB, Downloaded 968 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4619.jpg
    (Size: 131.55KB, Downloaded 955 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4621.jpg
    (Size: 132.82KB, Downloaded 962 time(s))

Re: My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #42425 is a reply to message #42379 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 12:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
What a cute design! It turned out very good as well.
I know it can be a bit scary to order stuff here, cause you don't know how they turn out.
I just ordered my first rings as well, in Stainless Steel and in the strong & flexible material. The first material turned out very well and I wear them everyday. The plastic ones have nice colors. They feel a little rough, but have more detail than the steel ones. I haven't worn them though.. Maybe because the steel ones feel more like 'real' jewelry. But with a tiny model you can always try out the plastics. It isn't that expensive Wink
I also like to try silver sometime, but that's a bit too expensive right now haha

Have fun experimenting, designing and printing!

Anne Lien
~ tiny purple treehouse

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/
Re: My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #42830 is a reply to message #42379 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 23:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice design.

Glenn

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2012 18:04 UTC] by Moderator

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #48227 is a reply to message #42830 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 00:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PaulGBoone  is currently offline PaulGBoone
Go to my shop
This is awesome! What 3D software do you use to get those nice fillets?
Re: My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #48501 is a reply to message #42379 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 02:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
Do you get a link to this model ? I would like to add it to favorite.

Plain Orb
Re: My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #49117 is a reply to message #42379 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 20:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ChrisDaMan  is currently offline ChrisDaMan
Go to all my models
booner123 wrote on Fri, 11 May 2012 00:00

This is awesome! What 3D software do you use to get those nice fillets?

For this ring I didnt use any other software than ZBrush.

borybosell wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 10:12

I love rings. I have read your description. I have visit to shapeways shop. It is most beautiful shop site. I really like your ring's pictures. I have never seen these type ring before, So I am interested these type ring and after looking, i have decided to i want to buy these type ring. So give me more information and you upload the more pictures by this ring.

7Plain wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 02:23

Do you get a link to this model ? I would like to add it to favorite.

I'm not sure how this works, setting up a "shop" here, and uploading different sizes. Maybe inn the future I will, but right now, I dont have time Sad

Previous Topic:Spiral Earring
Next Topic:Triforce Necklace/Keychain

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.