Home » Support » 3D Design » My model too big?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My model too big? [message #41723] Thu, 12 January 2012 02:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar iSay  is currently offline iSay
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I'm trying to make myself a coffee cup, I've created it but when I upload it to the shop it's showing as a whopping $108 - have I done something wrong?

Oops, probably helps if I link my shop. Very Happy
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 02:05 UTC]

-iSay
www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft
Re: My model too big? [message #41724 is a reply to message #41723 ] Thu, 12 January 2012 02:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Helps even more if you make your model public Razz.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: My model too big? [message #41725 is a reply to message #41724 ] Thu, 12 January 2012 03:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
LOL! Sorry, you should now be able to see it. Smile

Also, any idea how this will come out as glazed ceramics? Will it keep its square look?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 03:34 UTC]

-iSay
Re: My model too big? [message #42309 is a reply to message #41725 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 04:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
i think that your cup will do just fine.

the reason it is so much money is because of the way glazed ceramics is calculated... it isn't by volume but by surface area... exactly what is making this cup cool is cranking up the price tag... i would chamfer off the parts that you can while keeping the look of the part... that will help it our price wise...

good luck.

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com
Re: My model too big? [message #42334 is a reply to message #42309 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 14:52 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the reply. Smile

I think I'll take another crack at it now that I'm a little more familiar with Blender and how Shapeways works with it.

-iSay

Previous Topic:Missing textures when uploading
Next Topic:Millimeter dimensions not saving to model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.