Home » Support » 3D Design » Missing textures when uploading
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Missing textures when uploading [message #42271] Thu, 19 January 2012 20:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar iSay  is currently offline iSay
Go to my shop
Hi,

First of all I just want to point out that I'm completely new to 3D modeling, so what I'm doing is probably me just being a dumbass. Very Happy

My model seems fine in Blender and, when I view it in another 3D program, it seems fine also. But when I upload it to Shapeways some textures are missing (I've attached an example.)

I've opened the file in notepad to have a look what might be wrong, and there's one thing that I've noticed:

<ImageTexture DEF="IM_endermannoeyes_jpg"							              url='"endermannoeyes.jpg" "C:/Users/Lee/Documents/shapeways stuff/blender test projects/enderman/endermannoeyes.jpg"'  />
<TextureTransform

After "ImageTexture" you see "DEF=nameOfImage" - this is on every part that the textures appear fine on Shapeways, but below it's slightly different and are the one's causing issues:

<Appearance>
<ImageTexture USE="IM_blackpaint_jpg" />
</Appearance>

Notice how on this one it says "USE" instead of "DEF", and also that the 'TextureImage' tag isn't there at all.

I've gotten around this by copy pasting the same image file and renaming it - using the same image but renamed slightly.

Is there something else I can do to avoid this issue, or do I need to have a different image file for every new mesh I use?

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2012 20:13 UTC]

-iSay
www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft
Re: Missing textures when uploading [message #42293 is a reply to message #42271 ] Thu, 19 January 2012 23:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar iSay  is currently offline iSay
Go to my shop
AHA! I just joined all the meshes that use the same texture with CTRL+J and it seems to have sorted the problem. Very Happy

-iSay
www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft
Re: Missing textures when uploading [message #42307 is a reply to message #42293 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 03:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
now it is time to pass on the knowledge that you have adjured... go forth and provide answers for those who seek them...

or we will be forced to go there and take them. HIGHLANDER style.

chris

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com

Previous Topic:3d printing PCB
Next Topic:My model too big?