Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Materiel that is safe with serving food
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Materiel that is safe with serving food [message #38722] Thu, 17 November 2011 06:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar proudsha  is currently offline proudsha
Go to all my models
Hi
I am making a eating set including a plate and a bowl for people with cognitive impairment.
I would like to do some user testing by using materiel that can be used to serve real food.

The plate and the bowl are in bright color as red and blue (perhaps yellow as well)
What kind of choices I have here if I want to print my 3D model ??

Anyone would like to help?

Re: Materiel that is safe with serving food [message #38727 is a reply to message #38722 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 08:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Our only 'food safe' material is Ceramics:

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/ceramics

We currently offer only white glazing.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Materiel that is safe with serving food [message #41962 is a reply to message #38727 ] Sun, 15 January 2012 00:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar meiviksolem  is currently offline meiviksolem
Go to all my models
Is there a separate license agreement for working with the food-safe material?

The current one has the following.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MATERIALS WE USE FOR MANUFACTURING THE MODELS MAKE THE MODELS SUITABLE ONLY FOR DECORATIVE PURPOSES AND THEY ARE NOT SUITED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE. THE MODELS ARE NOT SUITED TO BE USED AS TOYS, TO BE GIVEN TO CHILDREN. THE MODELS SHOULD NOT COME IN CONTACT WITH ELECTRICITY OR FOOD OR LIQUIDS AND SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM HEAT.

-Vik

-Vik
Re: Materiel that is safe with serving food [message #42045 is a reply to message #41962 ] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That is a good point, I'll forward it to our team.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:CATIA V5 supported?
Next Topic:SketchUp Plugins

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.