Home » Support » 3D Printing » How do I print ceramic rings?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How do I print ceramic rings? [message #41834] Fri, 13 January 2012 00:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Sixthlaw  is currently offline Sixthlaw
Go to all my models
Hey guys,
Ceramics are an option in the materials section with its own respective design guidelines. I understand that you need to create a 120mm bounding box about whatever product you intend to create into ceramics, but say I have a ring that is 2.3 cm wide, 0.8 cm high and 2.3cm long, how would I go about getting these printed? Could I just print say 10 in square formation and this count towards a total of 12cm in my bounding box?

In regards to the buying of the material itself, On all the products I have created and even those in the shops online, I CANNOT find the option to print out these items in ceramics... do you have to personally request to use this material?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sixthlaw
Re: How do I print ceramic rings? [message #41849 is a reply to message #41834 ] Fri, 13 January 2012 07:21 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Whilst multiple parts are allowed for ceramics, each part must have a bounding box of 120mm minimum. - see tip #3 about half way down; http://www.shapeways.com/design-rules/ceramics

Follow the design rules for ceramics and the material is available.

Previous Topic:minimum engraving thickness and 2 colors
Next Topic:What solvents are safe for cleaning FUD?