Home » Support » 3D Design » Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated! [message #41562] Tue, 10 January 2012 01:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar yoni.binstock  is currently offline yoni.binstock
Go to my shop
Hey guys,

So I'm working on a model called Time Flies.

The problem is when I upload it to shapeways, I'm missing the hour, minute, and second hand in addition to the numbers (1-12).

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Much appreciated,
Yoni

Attached is the skp version and the stl version

Re: Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated! [message #41563 is a reply to message #41562 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 01:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
STL Version attached

Re: Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated! [message #41609 is a reply to message #41563 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 14:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Hello, I just had a quick look at your model.
What I have noticed is that the numbers and the small minute markers appear to have holes in them and the base of the hands which attach to the clock face has an overlapping face(I think it's called).

Pictures showing what I see...
Inside showing the back of the hands base:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1120/backofhandsbase.png

Numbers/Markers:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1106/numersmarkers.png

Hope this helps,
Tom.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 January 2012 14:23 UTC]

Re: Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated! [message #41660 is a reply to message #41609 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 00:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Hi
The reason you are missing the hour, minute, and second hand in addition to the numbers (1-12), is that you have hidden geometry. In what looks like a convex glass face. Software would pick this up as a face so you can not see through it. You will have to explode your model twice, turn on ' view - hidden geometry' then you can pick this 'glass face' and delete it.
index.php?t=getfile&id=13261&private=0

That is the least of your worries, The face itself has holes through it were the numbers and digits are. Erase all the walls to the numbers and digits.Then I would make these items solid and extrude them from the face of the clock.

The feathers of the wings are way too thin. They themselves would not pass Shapeways minimum wall thickness check.

index.php?t=getfile&id=13262&private=0

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Attachment: 3.JPG
    (Size: 98.41KB, Downloaded 104 time(s))

• Attachment: 3a.JPG
    (Size: 96.22KB, Downloaded 107 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 00:27 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Missing parts when uploading to shapeways. Help would be much appreciated! [message #41832 is a reply to message #41660 ] Thu, 12 January 2012 23:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for all of your help and explanations. They're extremely helpful.

3D printing wasn't as easy to pick up as I earlier thought, but i'm going to stick with it.

Thanks again,
Yoni

Previous Topic:Hole size between inner and outer shell
Next Topic:Too many shells?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.