Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Hello everyone!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello everyone! [message #41632] Tue, 10 January 2012 20:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar avalosalex  is currently offline avalosalex
Go to all my models
Today, I started to look around different site of how to make and print 3D models. To be honest with all of you, I haven't the slightest clue of where to begin, nor what to ask. I have been reading and viewing several insightful tutorials but I might be taking in too much at this time.

So, now I'm looking for help from the community as a starting point. And, I thank you all in advance.

What do I need? Downloads? Requirements?

Any information or leads and links would help.

Thanks again and looking forward to spending a lot of time creating 3D models.

Alex
Re: Hello everyone! [message #41640 is a reply to message #41632 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 21:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Welcome to the front-line. Smile

You need...

1.) An idea what you want create.
Got one ? Alright...

2.) Tools to realize your idea.
Depending on your skills and/or preferences 3d modelling or CAD software.
"Google Sketchup" and "Blender" are popular freeware.

3.) Tools to check and repair your files.
"netfabb basic" and/or "MeshLab"

4.) Time and patience
Re: Hello everyone! [message #41820 is a reply to message #41640 ] Thu, 12 January 2012 22:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
As pfeiffer stylez said, welcome to the front-line.

You may also want to look into TinkerCAD, if your design is really, truly simple. TinkerCAD is in-browser 3D modeling, and they export directly to Shapeways. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hello everyone! [message #42215 is a reply to message #41640 ] Thu, 19 January 2012 01:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar avalosalex  is currently offline avalosalex
Go to all my models
Thanks for info.

Since my request, I have been playing around with Sketchup and been successful.

It will be a slow and gradual learning curve and progressing in this manner will definitely allow me to have a better grasp of the tools made available and how to go about using.

Since my first render, I think using Solidworks would be a better and faster solution to what I want to achieve.

Thanks for your help, and wish me luck.

Alex Smile

Previous Topic:New to 3d Modeling and Shapeways
Next Topic:Hi!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.