Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41313] Fri, 06 January 2012 17:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar SturdyPeasantWoman  is currently offline SturdyPeasantWoman
Go to my shop
I have a storefront at Cafe Press for my artwork, and I am a beginning lampworker. I also dabble in other bead work and acrylic painting or anything that looks interesting.

I am very interested in this site, but have only Photoshop 9, no 3D software program. I would like to hear from anyone who has the time as far as which programs they like, which they hate, why, which are easiest to learn -- pretty much anything.

Thank you.

-Sherry

Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41316 is a reply to message #41313 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well with photoshop you can export a dwg which I think can be imported into 123D. From there you can turn your 2D art into 3D art. 123D is very easy to use. I myself am starting to dabble in sculptris and Blender. Blender is fairly difficult to master. Where Sculptris is like working with a ball of clay.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41330 is a reply to message #41316 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for your information. I will explore my Photoshop when I get home from work.
I have long wanted to make figurines like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry, so I am quite eager to begin.
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41332 is a reply to message #41316 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for the information! I have long wanted to make fine figurines, like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry. I am eager to begin!
I will explore Photoshop when I get home from work today.
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41350 is a reply to message #41332 ] Sat, 07 January 2012 00:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ryanmac97  is currently offline ryanmac97
Go to all my models
First of all, hi!
I've only been on this website for a small amount of time, but I have already designed several models. I have used free 3D modeling software which is highly recommended by most people on the site, called 'Google SketchUp'. It is very easy to learn and use; with a user-friendly interface and controls.
I would love to hear any updates from you- models made and the like. also note that shapeways has various 'creators' designed specifically to get newbies up and running!
Au revoir,
ryan

If it was funny, of course I meant it. If not, it was a "social experiment".
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41455 is a reply to message #41350 ] Sun, 08 January 2012 15:46 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you very much, Ryan!
I have a couple of the "flat" designs on site and have just uploaded one for the ring. I want to see what things really look like. I wish Shapeways gave you more than one view of how your design has come out.
I'll go see the Google program. Free is good!
-Sherry

Previous Topic:Just Started! Just uploaded a model! :] ALSO QUESTION?
Next Topic:Hello from Poland

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.