Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41313] Fri, 06 January 2012 17:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar SturdyPeasantWoman  is currently offline SturdyPeasantWoman
Go to my shop
I have a storefront at Cafe Press for my artwork, and I am a beginning lampworker. I also dabble in other bead work and acrylic painting or anything that looks interesting.

I am very interested in this site, but have only Photoshop 9, no 3D software program. I would like to hear from anyone who has the time as far as which programs they like, which they hate, why, which are easiest to learn -- pretty much anything.

Thank you.

-Sherry

Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41316 is a reply to message #41313 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Well with photoshop you can export a dwg which I think can be imported into 123D. From there you can turn your 2D art into 3D art. 123D is very easy to use. I myself am starting to dabble in sculptris and Blender. Blender is fairly difficult to master. Where Sculptris is like working with a ball of clay.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41330 is a reply to message #41316 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for your information. I will explore my Photoshop when I get home from work.
I have long wanted to make figurines like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry, so I am quite eager to begin.
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41332 is a reply to message #41316 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for the information! I have long wanted to make fine figurines, like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry. I am eager to begin!
I will explore Photoshop when I get home from work today.
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41350 is a reply to message #41332 ] Sat, 07 January 2012 00:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ryanmac97  is currently offline ryanmac97
Go to all my models
First of all, hi!
I've only been on this website for a small amount of time, but I have already designed several models. I have used free 3D modeling software which is highly recommended by most people on the site, called 'Google SketchUp'. It is very easy to learn and use; with a user-friendly interface and controls.
I would love to hear any updates from you- models made and the like. also note that shapeways has various 'creators' designed specifically to get newbies up and running!
Au revoir,
ryan

If it was funny, of course I meant it. If not, it was a "social experiment".
Re: Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida! [message #41455 is a reply to message #41350 ] Sun, 08 January 2012 15:46 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you very much, Ryan!
I have a couple of the "flat" designs on site and have just uploaded one for the ring. I want to see what things really look like. I wish Shapeways gave you more than one view of how your design has come out.
I'll go see the Google program. Free is good!
-Sherry

Previous Topic:Just Started! Just uploaded a model! :] ALSO QUESTION?
Next Topic:Hello from Poland