Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » FCS Frame & Shed, WSF Object
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FCS Frame & Shed, WSF Object [message #41386] Sat, 07 January 2012 17:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Hello fellow Shapies.
These are my latest, I got them before Christmas just didn't get round to uploading the photos. Also the order took just over a week, so very happy.

Small Photo Frame.
Full Colour Sandstone. Measures: 104 x 37 x 57mm roughly.
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5010/dsc0291l.jpg
I am happy with the result, I wasn't expecting it to be this good considering it's size, but I would change the geometry in the model so that the frame would print on an axis, maybe print a bit better that way.
Also the UV Mapping I was just learning at the time I made this, so wasn't too bothered about correcting the random whitening on the edge of the frame. Also I had help from CRE83D (Many thanks Very Happy ), so that's the reason I can now make colour models.

Shed!
FCS again. Measures: 22 x 20 x 17mm ish.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6216/dsc0292ea.jpg
This was a test of UV Mapping and making a Colour model, I really enjoyed making it and plan to do more colour modelling in the future.
It is tiny so again I didn't expect much but it turned out okay. I tested the Microwave trick with this print, but left it in for too long and didn't watch it...It smoked/melted and I had to break it away from the Glass dish it was sat on, ah well you live and learn!

Moving parts test piece.
White, Strong & Flexible. Measures 40 x 13 x 23mm ish.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6649/dsc0318z.jpg
This was a model to test moving parts to see what it's like and as a demo model for a future project.
The rollers were free when received and after playing with it roll smoother. The Drum had fused half expectedly, so I tried the Freezer trick (Put in the freezer for a couple hours) took it out, played with it, poked at it with a pen, twisted it with my finger and now I have a moving drum!

So to the future with more 3D Printed goodies,
Thanks for reading, thanks to CRE83D & Thanks to Shapeways for a great service as per usual,
Tom.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 January 2012 17:10 UTC]

Re: FCS Frame & Shed, WSF Object [message #41416 is a reply to message #41386 ] Sat, 07 January 2012 23:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
There is no wax to remove from FCS now, so no microwave tricks needed. If it looks white, the new infusion caused fumes that are not going to melt away.
Re: FCS Frame & Shed, WSF Object [message #41440 is a reply to message #41416 ] Sun, 08 January 2012 11:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Aha thanks. Thought I would give it a try to see what happened.
Thanks.

Previous Topic:Mat '57
Next Topic:Earing presents

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.