Home »  » 3D Printing » What type of machine used for 3d printing?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What type of machine used for 3d printing? [message #41355] Sat, 07 January 2012 05:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar crabigailrose  is currently offline crabigailrose
Go to all my models
Can anybody tell me what type of machine is used to print food-safe, glazed ceramic? I found a video of how the process works, and it almost looked like a polyjet printer? But as far as I know the only way to print ceramic is with SLS (Selective Laser Sintering)... Sorry for asking such a technical question, I searched the site and FAQ for the answer and found this to be a very cool site but I could not find the answer to my question. I

Thanks!
Re: What type of machine used for 3d printing? [message #41381 is a reply to message #41355 ] Sat, 07 January 2012 15:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Hello.
The Materials page for Ceramics tells you all about the process and a quick video showing it.
Tom.

EDIT: Materials Page

[Updated on: Sat, 07 January 2012 15:01 UTC]

Re: What type of machine used for 3d printing? [message #41429 is a reply to message #41381 ] Sun, 08 January 2012 05:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar crabigailrose  is currently offline crabigailrose
Go to all my models
Thanks, I saw that materials page, however I still couldn't find the answer to my question. I am wondering specifically what kind of machine does the 3d printing for ceramics. Is it a polyjet machine? SLS? something else?

Previous Topic:Material weight "White Detail"
Next Topic:my size is doubling...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.