Home » Community » Introductions » Newbie says hi to all
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Newbie says hi to all [message #41124] Tue, 03 January 2012 14:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar plopper  is currently offline plopper
Go to all my models
hello fellow shapers !

although i do some 3d stuff for some years, i never had something printed out, but i am curious for your experiences

especially the ceramic material has my interest, did you try it already?

i also have a starters question
- how do i download a free model form this site to experiment with?

regards,

paul

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2012 15:01 UTC]

Re: Newbie says hi to all [message #41125 is a reply to message #41124 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 15:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Paul,

Welcome. I love the ceramic although I've never had one of my models printed in it. Working on that. There are models that have a icon on them when they are downloadable. It's a blue icon with a down arrow.

Mike

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Newbie says hi to all [message #41127 is a reply to message #41124 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 16:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thank you Mike, for the download explanation.

the ceramic material will be the first that i try i think.
btw. it would be great when one could apply glazing in several colours ...

cheers,

paul
Re: Newbie says hi to all [message #41307 is a reply to message #41124 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 12:09 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
hi Stefani88,

a warm welcome from me
i also 'just arrived' at Shapeways and i started this particular thread a few days ago

to answer your question,
this is the right forum to introduce yourself, but you should start a new thread (click 'new topic' at the bottom af the page of this forum) because i think tour arrival might go unnoticed now

have a good time

paul

Previous Topic:Hey Guys! Engraving help?
Next Topic:Hello Everyone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.