Home » Support » 3D Printing » Material weight?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Material weight? [message #24448] Fri, 04 March 2011 11:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar CoyoteSeattle  is currently offline CoyoteSeattle
Go to all my models
Hey, got a quick question, for anyone who might know; how do the weights of the white, strong and flexible material and grey robust material generally stack up?

I'm currently working on a few costume designs, and figured that getting some of the core structural components printed would save a lot of time and effort, but obviously want them to weigh the least possible, since someone would be wearing or carrying them all day.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Material weight? [message #24451 is a reply to message #24448 ] Fri, 04 March 2011 13:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi CoyoteSeattle,

Believe me, you will not ask yourself this question for too long: your object will get too much expensive before it gets too much heavy Very Happy .

Anyways, the density of White Strong and Flexible is 0.93 (that is 1 cm3 weights 0.93 gram) and the density of Grey Robust is 1.25.

You can find this kind of information in the links that are in the Materials pages.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2012 12:48 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Material weight? [message #41050 is a reply to message #24451 ] Mon, 02 January 2012 10:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tom_le_mort  is currently offline tom_le_mort
Go to all my models
I had the same question. I think it would be interesting to add this information in the material pages of the website.
Thanks for the answer though. Smile
Re: Material weight? [message #41058 is a reply to message #41050 ] Mon, 02 January 2012 13:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
No problem. You will find also more experimental info on White Strong and Flexible here:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=3891 7#msg_38917

Welcome to Shapeways.

So many things to design, so little time...

Previous Topic:Steel stamps for metal?
Next Topic:Unexpected ridge on printed parts