Home »  » Introductions » LEGO minifigure
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
LEGO minifigure [message #40223] Wed, 14 December 2011 12:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar ronenhadar  is currently offline ronenhadar
Go to all my models
Hi guys! Smile

I was wondering if anyone of you tried to print a LEGO minifigure. I recently tried to 3D one but it was a fail! Smile The hands, arms, and legs didn't move (I actually broke one of the arms trying to move it...)
Did anyone of you guys succeed in making a good functional minifigure?
I was also wondering about the colors. Did anyone experiment with that as well?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smile

Ronen
Re: LEGO minifigure [message #40842 is a reply to message #40223 ] Wed, 28 December 2011 00:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Capt_Cabose  is currently offline Capt_Cabose
Go to all my models
my only thought would be to make each piece as a different file for say. like, you make the hands, arms, ect. and print em all sepratly then put it together your self. and make it as close as possibale to how the actualy lego mini figs are. and the material you use might have a great impact of how ewll it works.
Re: LEGO minifigure [message #40875 is a reply to message #40223 ] Thu, 29 December 2011 00:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Chaffmar  is currently offline Chaffmar
Go to my shop
Actually, it has been done! Check it out:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/285473/

They also make a lot of lego mini figure accessories which are pretty cool.

Previous Topic:Hello Shapeways Community
Next Topic:materials

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.