Home » Community » It arrived! » Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #40872] Wed, 28 December 2011 21:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I recently received this ring in glossy silver and am very happy with the result.

I recently completed a photo-manipulation of the Green Hornet and was having real problems getting the mask to look right. I decided to 3D model it in ZBrush and then added the final render to my digital image. As a result I had the 3D model as a "leftover" and decided to make a ring out of it.

Of course the mask doesn't really have to be attributed to the Green Hornet since it really is quite generic looking.

Comments welcome.

Glenn

index.php?t=getfile&id=12997&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12998&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12999&private=0

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #40975 is a reply to message #40872 ] Sat, 31 December 2011 04:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HappenstanceHeroes  is currently offline HappenstanceHeroes
Go to my shop
True that it's technically generic looking, but I think I still could've identified it as his mask if I were presented with the images of the ring and no explanation. Something in the subtleties of the form captures the likeness well. :)
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41675 is a reply to message #40872 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 10:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Nice ring man. Yeah, I think silver glossy is the way to go. How long have you been working with ZBrush before you had your designs cast in silver? I like the way you kept the mask tapered out, yet still flat on your finger. Nice work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41678 is a reply to message #40872 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Thanks.... I have been using ZBrush on and off for about six years now. I wish I was more proficient than I am, but I use other prog's too and haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like with it.

I actually wear this ring daily and it gets a lot of comments.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41693 is a reply to message #41678 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 18:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Awesome stuff!

It also looks like a basic venetian type mask (phantom of the opera / masked ball mask).

Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #42017 is a reply to message #40872 ] Sun, 15 January 2012 22:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
It looks really beautiful and subtle. Very nice job

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/

Previous Topic:Beauty bird
Next Topic:Deer Brooch Clip pin success

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.