Home » Community » It arrived! » Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #40872] Wed, 28 December 2011 21:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I recently received this ring in glossy silver and am very happy with the result.

I recently completed a photo-manipulation of the Green Hornet and was having real problems getting the mask to look right. I decided to 3D model it in ZBrush and then added the final render to my digital image. As a result I had the 3D model as a "leftover" and decided to make a ring out of it.

Of course the mask doesn't really have to be attributed to the Green Hornet since it really is quite generic looking.

Comments welcome.

Glenn

index.php?t=getfile&id=12997&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12998&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12999&private=0

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #40975 is a reply to message #40872 ] Sat, 31 December 2011 04:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HappenstanceHeroes  is currently offline HappenstanceHeroes
Go to my shop
True that it's technically generic looking, but I think I still could've identified it as his mask if I were presented with the images of the ring and no explanation. Something in the subtleties of the form captures the likeness well. :)
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41675 is a reply to message #40872 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 10:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Nice ring man. Yeah, I think silver glossy is the way to go. How long have you been working with ZBrush before you had your designs cast in silver? I like the way you kept the mask tapered out, yet still flat on your finger. Nice work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41678 is a reply to message #40872 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Thanks.... I have been using ZBrush on and off for about six years now. I wish I was more proficient than I am, but I use other prog's too and haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like with it.

I actually wear this ring daily and it gets a lot of comments.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #41693 is a reply to message #41678 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 18:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Awesome stuff!

It also looks like a basic venetian type mask (phantom of the opera / masked ball mask).

Re: Silver Green Hornet Mask Ring [message #42017 is a reply to message #40872 ] Sun, 15 January 2012 22:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
It looks really beautiful and subtle. Very nice job

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/

Previous Topic:Beauty bird
Next Topic:Deer Brooch Clip pin success