Home » Community » It arrived! » LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #29785] Mon, 27 June 2011 17:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Hey guys! I've just received the Boba Fett Minifigure I had designed for my Higher Graphic Communication folio. Everything here moves nicely. I will probably have a Stop-Motion animation of it up soon!

index.php?t=getfile&id=9667&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=9668&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=9669&private=0

The Minifigure - http://shpws.me/1mI1
The Helmet - http://shpws.me/1sol

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 461.03KB, Downloaded 1771 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 508.04KB, Downloaded 1569 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 611.88KB, Downloaded 1626 time(s))

Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #29809 is a reply to message #29785 ] Tue, 28 June 2011 02:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
Very nice! Looks great as is but are you thinking about painting it?
Great work, well done.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #29864 is a reply to message #29809 ] Tue, 28 June 2011 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks! I don't think I'll be painting it no Smile I had it made to go with my folio and considering I already have the original model, I'll probably just keep it as it is!
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #29973 is a reply to message #29864 ] Thu, 30 June 2011 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
It literally looks perfect. Job well done! Could we tempt you to upload a blank lego man in .obj format so we could run amok on the base of your hard work? Razz

I'm just playing with yah, great work. Brings out the fun side of things.
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #30024 is a reply to message #29973 ] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
RogersX wrote on Thu, 30 June 2011 17:31

It literally looks perfect. Job well done! Could we tempt you to upload a blank lego man in .obj format so we could run amok on the base of your hard work? Razz

You can download the library of LEGO parts from LDraw.org and convert them from their native .dat format to .dxf format with Dat2DXF, and then convert to .obj with something like Accutrans3D.

Nowhere near as much fun as making your own from scratch though - nice one M1NGLES http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #30031 is a reply to message #30024 ] Fri, 01 July 2011 12:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
Oh wow, I didn't think Lego would allow that. Pretty neat actually.
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #40295 is a reply to message #29785 ] Thu, 15 December 2011 13:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ronenhadar  is currently offline ronenhadar
Go to all my models
Hi Smile

I was really wondering if you printed the lego man all at once. Or did you print the independent part and put it together yourself?

Thanks
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #40592 is a reply to message #40295 ] Wed, 21 December 2011 20:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Silverbeam  is currently offline Silverbeam
Go to my shop
ditto to the above question and is that transparent material or the new frosted detail?

SEE ETSY SHOP: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Silverbeam
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #40593 is a reply to message #30024 ] Wed, 21 December 2011 20:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Silverbeam  is currently offline Silverbeam
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 01 July 2011 07:26

RogersX wrote on Thu, 30 June 2011 17:31

You can download the library of LEGO parts from LDraw.org and convert them from their native .dat format to .dxf format with Dat2DXF, and then convert to .obj with something like Accutrans3D.

Nowhere near as much fun as making your own from scratch though - nice one M1NGLES http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

I can't get that to work for me... Sad

SEE ETSY SHOP: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Silverbeam
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #40640 is a reply to message #29785 ] Thu, 22 December 2011 14:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It was printed in one file then assembled. I offset the parts so there was no risk of solids interlinking and being stuck. It however would be possible to print it off with all the pieces in place providing the Frosted Ultra Detail (Which is what this is printed in) could handle a 0.01mm gap between the parts!

Cheers,

Michael
Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #41107 is a reply to message #40640 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 08:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ronenhadar  is currently offline ronenhadar
Go to all my models
Hi Michael

Thanks for your response Smile

Just to make sure that I understand. you printed all the pieces at once but not connected and then assembled them?

Also, regarding your comment: "It however would be possible to print it off with all the pieces in place providing the Frosted Ultra Detail (Which is what this is printed in) could handle a 0.01mm gap between the parts!"

I was thinking about that. It seems that in order to have friction in the minifigure, LEGO made the dimension of the arms (for example) larger than the hole it fits in to on the body. in that case, the printer will always recognize it as one solid piece... Right? Rolling Eyes
I could decrease the tolerances, but then I would lose the "functionality" of the arms, hands, and legs...

Any thoughts about that? Smile

Thanks in advance! Wink

Re: LEGO Boba Fett Minifigure [message #41164 is a reply to message #41107 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 01:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oracle of Wuffing  is currently offline Oracle of Wuffing
Go to my shop
ronenhadar wrote on Tue, 03 January 2012 08:23

Just to make sure that I understand. you printed all the pieces at once but not connected and then assembled them?

If you check the turnaround on his minifigure link, you'll see that's exactly what he did. Smile

This is hilarious, though, I'm waiting for a print of a LEGO set that I built up in Sketchup, and I'd never heard of LDraw before. Would have saved me some time here and there, now I'm kind of kicking myself. Laughing

Previous Topic:7 Davids project
Next Topic:An LIttle(r) Sad Keanu

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.