Home » Community » General Discussion » Other Print suppliers
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Other Print suppliers [message #40411] Sat, 17 December 2011 09:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Sadwargamer  is currently offline Sadwargamer
Go to my shop
With the current problems of FUD quality I was wondering if anyone knows of other 3d print bureaus that offer this material (For example, Ponoko and Sculpteo do not).

Mu understanding it is done with a 3D Systems Projet (probably a 3000HD, or bigger model machine to use a larger priont envelop to increase production and reduce costs)

regards
Andy
Re: Other Print suppliers [message #40559 is a reply to message #40411 ] Wed, 21 December 2011 03:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Andy,

We share your frustration, soon we will have new machines in NYC and we will have tighter control over quality of prints..

Sooner, better, faster.....

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Other Print suppliers [message #40568 is a reply to message #40411 ] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi,

Thanks for the update - lets hope what you say works out as I am really keen to get some more models printed...

(Although I do see a problem with the USA printing in terms of shippng and import dutues to the UK:()

regards
andy
Re: Other Print suppliers [message #40634 is a reply to message #40568 ] Thu, 22 December 2011 11:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi Andy,

If I've got it right, Shapeways send item to & from the USA to Europe (inter-office NYC to Eindhoven) as 'raw materials' so duties aren't payable Wink

Also with their office in the Netherlands, being within the EU, us Brits don't pay duty, just the Dutch VAT.

And to top it off, FUD has now gone green on the Materials' Staus Page

Paul
Re: Other Print suppliers [message #40656 is a reply to message #40634 ] Thu, 22 December 2011 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Woohoo!

Thanks for noticing Paul.

Andy, we're not perfect, but things with FUD are definitely headed in the right direction.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Other Print suppliers [message #40666 is a reply to message #40411 ] Thu, 22 December 2011 22:20 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Nobody's perfect - I guess I am just disallusioned at present, great news about no duties though.

I will put an order in for FUD this week to show my commitment to shapeways - and will report the results here in a couple of weeks Smile

happy Christmas to all.

Regards
Andy

Previous Topic:Ever get someone elses parts?
Next Topic:test server top priority

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.