Home » Community » It arrived! » Helping Hand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Helping Hand [message #40408] Sat, 17 December 2011 06:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar kspaho  is currently offline kspaho
Go to my shop
Hello Shapies,

Initially intended as a soap holder, it can hold any light weight object that one uses in his or her daily life. The helping hand serves as a decorative piece, it can be used to hold different tools during an arts and craft session and more.

index.php?t=getfile&id=12771&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12772&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12773&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12774&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=12775&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 69.72KB, Downloaded 272 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 67.23KB, Downloaded 270 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 59.58KB, Downloaded 259 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 51.53KB, Downloaded 250 time(s))

• Attachment: 5.jpg
    (Size: 55.96KB, Downloaded 260 time(s))

Re: Helping Hand [message #40523 is a reply to message #40408 ] Tue, 20 December 2011 04:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HappenstanceHeroes  is currently offline HappenstanceHeroes
Go to my shop
Hah, this is pretty neat! It would be cool to have a matching one set up elsewhere in the bathroom with the gesture of the hand designed for ideal holding of towels (if they didn't weigh too much for the material to handle). 'Course there's always the option of printing in stainless steel for something more weight-bearing, pricey as I'm sure that would be.
Re: Helping Hand [message #40527 is a reply to message #40523 ] Tue, 20 December 2011 05:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kspaho  is currently offline kspaho
Go to my shop
Thanks, I am working on something like that, and I am trying to find a good connection between the hand and the glass or the wall. One connection that can handle different gestures without switching to stainless, as you mentioned.
This particular gesture is doing a great job holding my floss container. I have not lost it yet.

Thanks again for the imput and if you have any ideas, please, I'm all ears!

Previous Topic:Flattening warped FD
Next Topic:Fossil evolution

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.