Home » Community » It arrived! » Silver Heart Pendant
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Silver Heart Pendant [message #39801] Sun, 04 December 2011 07:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Here's a look at a very nicely detailed silver heart pendant. I love to see all of the new silver work that comes from Shapeways, so incredible. Smile

The little clasp that comes with it fits perfectly on the top and was easily bent closed with some cloth and a pair of pliers.

index.php?t=getfile&id=12452&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=12453&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=12455&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=12456&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 04 December 2011 07:46 UTC]

Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #39805 is a reply to message #39801 ] Sun, 04 December 2011 17:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Wonderful work!

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #39860 is a reply to message #39801 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 05:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I like this - the aesthetic created by the visible empty space within the pendant is what I find interesting. The design saves on material and looks good as well. One of these days, I'll have to try some silver printing myself. How large is this print? (One of these days, I myself will learn to include scale references for each photo - I always forget)
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #39892 is a reply to message #39801 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 23:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks guys! Smile This pendant is roughly 3 cm wide, 3 cm tall & 1 cm thick. I'll definitely be getting more silver prints, very pleased with this one!!

Here's a link to the page:

Silver Heart Pendant
http://www.shapeways.com/model/372948/
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #39931 is a reply to message #39801 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Beautiful model!!!

How did you get them to print the bail separately? I hate having the bails welded onto the model so I've been adding commercial ones to my work but if I could print something like this, that would be amazing, but I thought we couldn't have separate parts?
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #39980 is a reply to message #39801 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Cadalu, Shapeways does print multiple parts in one file with silver as long as they aren't connected(moving parts). You can also print entire assemblies in other materials for a product with many moving parts. Smile

Wishing you success with your projects!

Cheers,
Matt Smile
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #40357 is a reply to message #39980 ] Fri, 16 December 2011 14:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MichaelMueller  is currently offline MichaelMueller
Go to my shop
Hi,

the shapeways support told me, that multiple parts are not allowed in materials like silver or stainless steel. They do exceptions on cufflinks and earings... all other items with multiple parts will be probably rejected.
E.g... I had an order with four rings in one file... this one was not printed.

Michael

P.S. The "silver heart pendant" looks awesome. Great work!

Michael Mueller
www.pookas.de
Re: Silver Heart Pendant [message #40365 is a reply to message #39801 ] Fri, 16 December 2011 16:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
This turned out very well! The one side almost looks like an owl's face. Was that intentional?

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign

Previous Topic:BUTTERFLY Collection
Next Topic:Full Color Toon Figure Re-Print (Pics)