Home » Community » General Discussion » BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #39899] Wed, 07 December 2011 02:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar henryseg  is currently offline henryseg
Go to my shop
I was interviewed by the BBC about mathematical art and 3D printing! Very brief mention of Shapeways at the end when they ask where people can buy my stuff.

Blogpost for the podcast.

Direct link to the podcast mp3. (This link seems a bit flaky, if it doesn't work, try reloading in a bit.)
Re: BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #39956 is a reply to message #39899 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 08:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff is currently online stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Great interview = Very Cool.

Re: BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #39968 is a reply to message #39899 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to all my models
Very cool !

Now check your counter, see how interesting it was for the audience - very curious Smile

It's also very interesting that the practical application of your math model created the excitement with the interviewer.
The 3d printing side of it was well covered.

http://www.3Dizingof.com

Re: BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #39987 is a reply to message #39968 ] Fri, 09 December 2011 02:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I think it actually had very little effect on the hits on my website and my shapeways page, maybe 50 or so extra hits. Partly that could be because its broadcast at 3am UK time, or perhaps also that radio isn't the perfect medium for communicating the awesomeness of 3d printing!
Re: BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #40150 is a reply to message #39899 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 20:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to all my models
I just run into this:
http://i.materialise.com/challenge/the-hats-off-to-3d-printi ng-challenge

I really think you should submit your model! - its perfect for this competition.

Good Luck Wink

http://www.3Dizingof.com

Re: BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing [message #40164 is a reply to message #40150 ] Tue, 13 December 2011 01:40 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the tip-off dizingof!

Previous Topic:Render pictures
Next Topic:Curious about silver