Home » Support » 3D Printing » Definition of Minimum Detail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40071] Sat, 10 December 2011 18:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar Patrick Kniesler  is currently offline Patrick Kniesler
Go to all my models
So excited, my first model is on the way.. but I have questions as I continue making designs. Is "minimum detail" an equivalent concept to tolerance? Does it mean +/- 0.2mm on every point on a WSF model? The term "minimum detail" is very ambiguous to me.
Re: Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40115 is a reply to message #40071 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 01:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Hi Patrick;

The minimum detail value is the size at which the detail will definitely print. For WSF if the detail is less than 0.2mm x 0.2mm x 0.2mm it may not be clearly visible on the final model.
Re: Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40118 is a reply to message #40115 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 02:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Patrick Kniesler  is currently offline Patrick Kniesler
Go to all my models
That helps; I hadn't thought of it in 3 dimensions yet- which is silly considering what forum this is on... I'm going to go back to 4th grade now and look at my choices to help me understand:

Guess and check? too expensive
Draw a picture? yes!

Previous Topic:A way to guarantee print orientation
Next Topic:full color sandstone and multiple parts