Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need A Custom Lego Modeler.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need A Custom Lego Modeler. [message #39703] Fri, 02 December 2011 01:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar RepublicCustoms  is currently offline RepublicCustoms
Go to my shop
Hello.

My name is Dakota Colley, I am in need of a Custom Lego weapons designer to make weapons for my company.
I run a small growing lego customs business called Republic Customs.
The weapons themes must vary from all sorts of Scifi feilds to modern warfeare/ combat weaponary.
If you are interested please contact me and send photos of your works, if I like what I see we can work somthing out.

Thank you in advance.
Dakota Colley
Republic Customs Cool

Dakota K. Colley
Republic Customs
Re: Need A Custom Lego Modeler. [message #39723 is a reply to message #39703 ] Fri, 02 December 2011 09:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi Dakota, this is an opportunity I have been looking forward to for some time.

I have developed Lego customs and accessories for a few clients and would be happy to help you. I have more samples I can share but not on a public forum.

Here is a blank

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7030/6440731287_94920df1be.jpg
Lego Customised by Dot San, on Flickr

Please see my Shapeways reviews

email me with your request to info@dotsan.com
Regards
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Need A Custom Lego Modeler. [message #39727 is a reply to message #39703 ] Fri, 02 December 2011 10:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rangio  is currently offline rangio
Go to my shop
maybe I can help. I like weapon design, even though I dropped after discovering nerf guns, they're just too good. I modeled this some 3 years ago to test a milling material
index.php?t=getfile&id=12432&private=0

• Attachment: smg.JPG
    (Size: 318.75KB, Downloaded 399 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 10:12 UTC]

Re: Need A Custom Lego Modeler. [message #40052 is a reply to message #39723 ] Sat, 10 December 2011 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HyperForm  is currently offline HyperForm
Go to my shop
Just out of curiosity ... how well do those printed pieces fit the lego blocks. Apart from the micron-level precision required I'd guess the plastic used for lego blocks has a very specific, small level of elasticity. The cheep Lego knock-offs I have seen don't fit as well ... partially because of a different material used. How does it compare to the materials available at Shapeways ?
Re: Need A Custom Lego Modeler. [message #40053 is a reply to message #39727 ] Sat, 10 December 2011 10:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, there has not been any problems with WSF or FUD this is due to the small size of parts and my accurate measuring. I know warping can happen for long thin parts, it's always best to test.

Cheers

Vijay

www.dotsan.com

Previous Topic:Need a Modeler For Action Figure Staff
Next Topic:Add Colour/Texture to my model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.