Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Model Descriptions No Longer Truncated
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Descriptions No Longer Truncated [message #40041] Fri, 09 December 2011 23:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share that model descriptions are no longer being shortened. I won't always create a new thread for an item that gets completed on Uservoice, but this one was such a hot topic for the team and the community, that I wanted to share.

After a lot of debate, we're no longer shortening your descriptions. However, in the coming months, we will be adding new fields to the model page, which you will be able to use to further customize layout. We hope with future changes that this will strike a happy medium between giving you freedom while also helping to present info to shoppers in a way that spurs them to action.

Thanks to everyone for making it really clear what you want, and offering the votes to back it up. I'm glad I was able to take your feedback and use it to create tangible results!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Model Descriptions No Longer Truncated [message #40083 is a reply to message #40041 ] Sat, 10 December 2011 22:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
I'm aware that the rather robust criticisms I made of this design decision weren't always helpful, so I'm very grateful for the change of heart.

Thanks to everyone, but especially to those who had the very hard task of reconsidering the design they preferred, thank you for listening.

Previous Topic:Site maintenance 2011-11-28 between 04.30-05.30 UTC
Next Topic:Dec. Edition of SW Live Wednesday at 2pm EST

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.