Home » Community » General Discussion » Model Size in Zbrush
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Size in Zbrush [message #39825] Mon, 05 December 2011 03:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar MiiruFae  is currently offline MiiruFae
Go to my shop
Hi,
I have made a few models- but I have no idea how to make it a certain size. I have made things with the intention that they will be pendants or earrings...but when I upload them, they come out too big or too small. Does anyone know how to control the size in Zbrush? Also- how do you make sure the preview picture doesn't suck when you upload it?
Re: Model Size in Zbrush [message #39888 is a reply to message #39825 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 19:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT is currently online JACANT
Go to my shop
Hello,

Never used ZBrush but there must be an option for what size you are drawing.
Maybe this will help. Export your model, then open it in Netfabb http://www.netfabb.com/basic.php
From here you can find out the size of your model, and rescale it if need be. There are measurement tools to find your minimum wall size, plus there is an automatic repair button to fix your mesh if needed.
As for your other question look at this link.
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7282&a mp;a mp;a mp;start=0&

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2011 19:54 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Model Size in Zbrush [message #39997 is a reply to message #39825 ] Fri, 09 December 2011 09:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Lecaramel  is currently offline Lecaramel
Go to all my models
Use the free plugin 3DPrint Exporter for ZBrush, which is installed by default in ZBrush 4R2, available in the Plugin palette.
You will be able to define the exporting size of your model, in mm or inches, and then export it as STL or VRML.

Previous Topic:Frustrating day with Shapeways/sketchup
Next Topic:Fabrics (newbie question)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.