Home » Support » 3D Printing » Help Support ! Problems with a pendant !
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39942] Wed, 07 December 2011 20:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar tarabyakko  is currently offline tarabyakko
Go to all my models
Hello Shapeways support,

I am trying to create a pendant via the creator but can not get what I would like to have.
I have here attached a picture of it.
Is it possible to get it like this ?
And how much would it be in stainless steel and how much in silver ?
And how long would the manufacturing take ?
Thank you in advance !

Best,
Tara.

Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39946 is a reply to message #39942 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 22:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Mhhh...

volume:
~ 6,36cm³ ...

price:
~ $158 in silver
~ $57 in stainless steel

delivery time:
~ 15 business days

(all information without guarantee ^^)

What's the distance between the dots over the 8cm side ?

Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39949 is a reply to message #39946 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 00:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Quick sketch (in the attachment).

I made it thinner (3mm), and rounded the corners a bit.
There's just enough space for dots with a diametre of 1mm, and silver requires a 1:1 for embossing, so I made them flatter (1,5mm).

volume:
~ 3,6cm³

price:
~ $102 in silver
~ $35 in stainless steel

• Attachment: L3.png
    (Size: 80.23KB, Downloaded 55 time(s))

Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39961 is a reply to message #39949 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 11:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you both of you !
Peter, the pendant looks great ! Can we get the braille dots maybe a tiny bit taller ? like 2-3 mm ? and make them not so large ? Maybe give a bit more space between the edges of the pendant and the braille points ? What would be the price with the braille points ? Thank you for your work !

Best,
Tara.
Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39962 is a reply to message #39949 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Pfeiffer stylez,
The pendant looks great but I'd like to have the corners sharp if it is possible ? And can the braille dots be smoother and not so tall ? Will the pendant be strong enough if in silver and 3 mm ? Thank you for your work !
Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39966 is a reply to message #39962 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Sharp corners are no problem.

0,7mm tall braille dots with 1 mm diameter and 1mm distance between the dots of one sign ?
The minimum detail level for silver is 0,3mm, but I suggest to use at least 0,5mm...

index.php?t=getfile&id=12556&private=0

Ring bands with 1mm wall thickness are sturdy enough to be wearable, so 3mm sounds good to me. Each additional millimeter thickness would increase the price by $24.

• Attachment: L4.png
    (Size: 44.44KB, Downloaded 132 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2011 13:24 UTC]

Re: Help Support ! Problems with a pendant ! [message #39967 is a reply to message #39966 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 13:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I'm not sure about the four braille dots on the left. Are they for two or for three different signs ?

What's about the distance between each sign ?

index.php?t=getfile&id=12557&private=0

• Attachment: L.jpg
    (Size: 27.60KB, Downloaded 126 time(s))

Previous Topic:Full validation before first purchase
Next Topic:Quality Differences in Silver