Home » Community » General Discussion » NYS sales tax
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
NYS sales tax [message #39092] Wed, 23 November 2011 05:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar designerica  is currently offline designerica
Go to my shop
i live in new york but i'm a reseller. i have all the proper paperwork for reselling, which i've submitted to shapeways. actually, after i submitted it nothing happened. when i asked about it, I was again asked to submit a resale certificate. talk about a lack of organization. but what else do i expect from shapeways?

i thought this was dealt with when i was FINALLY turned into a "business user" and my previously paid taxes were refunded. and yet, despite numerous interactions with shapeways staff, the shapeways website continues to charge me sales tax. i've asked at least 3x for my sales tax to be turned off. still it doesn't happen. i find it hard to believe that the system won't allow for this situation. people in other states aren't paying sales tax, so how can it be that there is no such option for those of us in NY who are business users?

does anyone else have this issue? and/or can anyone at shapeways explain why i have to pay sales tax and wait for it to be refunded? that's really not supposed to be how it works.

www.designerica.com
Re: NYS sales tax [message #39179 is a reply to message #39092 ] Thu, 24 November 2011 00:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Erica, I'm sorry about the additional frustration. I've spoken with my team, and they're working on both a long-term solution (on the engineering side of things), and an immediate short-term solution for you. You'll be hearing from CS shortly!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: NYS sales tax [message #39333 is a reply to message #39092 ] Sun, 27 November 2011 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nervoussystem  is currently offline nervoussystem
Go to my shop
clearly the solution is to move to Massachusetts....worked for me...

[Updated on: Sun, 27 November 2011 21:18 UTC]

http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com
Re: NYS sales tax [message #39770 is a reply to message #39333 ] Fri, 02 December 2011 22:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Erica, did things get resolved?

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: NYS sales tax [message #39771 is a reply to message #39770 ] Fri, 02 December 2011 23:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar designerica  is currently offline designerica
Go to my shop
resolved, yes. i'm still not quite clear how anyone could create a system that doesn't allow control over who gets charged tax. but apparently that's the case and i have to get manual refunds for the tax on each purchase. two steps forward, one step back. thanks for following up!

www.designerica.com

Previous Topic:Flesh color strong and flexible material
Next Topic:Can't make comments to the Blog entries now

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.