Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender [message #37078] Fri, 21 October 2011 03:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Hey guys,

I found this fantastic tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasl_r2DNv4 - from shapeways

Are there any step by step instructions anywhere? I'm using Blender 2.5 and the tutorial is in 2.49 (I think) so I'm already confused.

This would be such a fantastic tutorial for newbies!!! Shapeways I'm sure you would generate tons of business from this, I've spent weeks searching on google, lots of people are looking for a tutorial like this.

I'm stuck at the set material 'map input', how do you do this in 2.5?

Anyone have an idiots guide to this? Embarassed
Re: Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender [message #37080 is a reply to message #37078 ] Fri, 21 October 2011 04:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Cadalu,

I will defer to Bart, our Blender expert, he is setting up for Dutch Design Week right now but I will flag this for him to answer...

Thanks and good luck!!!

Duann Scott,
Re: Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender [message #37097 is a reply to message #37078 ] Fri, 21 October 2011 06:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Thanks Duann. I was just hoping there were instructions somewhere but I hunted around and there's not. I'd love to see more SW for dummies, or modeling for complete morons or something like that.

Sigh, I need an emoticon wearing a dunce hat... Blender and my brain still don't mix!
Re: Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender [message #37243 is a reply to message #37097 ] Mon, 24 October 2011 07:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Cadalu,

I think we'd have to re-do the entire tutorial for Blender 2.5 (or rather 2.60 by now!). I don't have a quick answer, sorry.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender [message #39597 is a reply to message #37243 ] Wed, 30 November 2011 17:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
The IRC channels at #Blender or #Blenderchat on Freenode is a great spot to get blender modelling help, or in your case help translate 2.49 techniques into 2.5 series of blender.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:Blender 2.5 - 1 unit = 100 cm?
Next Topic:Help with exporting from C4D

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.