Home » Support » Buying » Shopping cart empties itself
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shopping cart empties itself [message #39236] Thu, 24 November 2011 21:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar HLW  is currently offline HLW
Go to all my models
Twice I have spent over an hour choosing items to order, left all the items in my shopping cart for a few days while trying to cut down the amount of stuff (there are so many wonderful things people have designed! I want them all!).

Both times when I went back to place the order my shopping cart was empty.

Does it empty after a certain amount of time? I don't want to waste any more time finding all the items I want again (I can't remember all the names) if I'm never going to be able to order due to the shopping cart emptying itself.
Re: Shopping cart empties itself [message #39243 is a reply to message #39236 ] Thu, 24 November 2011 23:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar howardatPI  is currently offline howardatPI
Go to all my models
I have noticed the same thing occuring.

I often update my models with newer versions before ordering, so the auto-emptying cart was a nice feature. The main reason I would put them in the cart was to get pricing for non-default materials, but that is no longer necessary with the new interface.

Another reason I would put items in the basket and later not want them later is that the part models get updated with small tweaks before becoming ready to order. But now it appears that one can update an item with new data rather than creating a new item, so that reason also goes away.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2011 21:03 UTC]

Re: Shopping cart empties itself [message #39258 is a reply to message #39236 ] Fri, 25 November 2011 10:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I am not sure how persistent the cart is.

But they have just implemented the Wishlist and new Favorites here:
http://www.shapeways.com/wishlist/

Perhaps this is useful?

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Shopping cart empties itself [message #39351 is a reply to message #39258 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 08:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I've forwarded this thread to our developers.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Shopping cart empties itself [message #39415 is a reply to message #39258 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 21:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HLW  is currently offline HLW
Go to all my models
virtox wrote on Fri, 25 November 2011 10:51

But they have just implemented the Wishlist and new Favorites here:
http://www.shapeways.com/wishlist/

Perhaps this is useful?

Yes the wishlist is exactly what I wanted, or at least it would be if it worked. I've managed to add quite a few things to the wishlist, but some things (eg http://www.shapeways.com/model/247522/mini_12mm_3x3x3_cube.h tml?gid=mg ) don't get added to the wishlist no matter how many times I try to add them.

I can't add http://www.shapeways.com/model/259898/extruded_pipe_die_d6__ _within_.html?gid=sg43177 to the wishlist either.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2011 22:03 UTC]

Re: Shopping cart empties itself [message #47335 is a reply to message #39351 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 11:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Zoe Brain  is currently offline Zoe Brain
Go to all my models
bartv wrote on Mon, 28 November 2011 08:54

I've forwarded this thread to our developers.

Bart

Thank you.

Because of the shipping charges, I accumulate infividual orders, then get them all sent at once.

It's vexing to go through 4 shops, cross-referencing e-mails to make sure all 38 different models are ordered... then find that the cart is empty next time I try to add one, just before finalising.

Previous Topic:Near identical product different price
Next Topic:One of items unable to print.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.