Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » 1:144 scale WW1 airplane models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon10.gif  1:144 scale WW1 airplane models [message #39141] Wed, 23 November 2011 17:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar orcafinn  is currently offline orcafinn
Go to all my models
Hi everyone - while web surfing a while back to see if anyone was producing a 1:144 scale Morane Saulnier N, I came to a website called SHAPEWAYS. SHAPEWAYs is a co-op that uses a 3D printer to create custom models. I found 2 designers in the SHAPEWAYS for 1:144 scale WW1 airplanes.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/kampfflieger

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/wow

These are produced on demand when you order. I ordered some about 3 weeks ago, and they arrived today.

These models are great! I got a good assortment, and think every one them is worth getting.

Here is what I ordered:

from the WOW shop (these come with the flight stand peg)
1/144 Sopwith Triplane
1/144 Bristol F2B
1/144 Airco DH.2
1/144 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strut
1/144 Halberstadt D.II
1/144 Morane L
1/144 Nieuport 28

From Kampfflieger (no peg, I will add the Litko adapter)
Fokker EIV & pilot 1/144t
Morane Saulnier N & pilot
Hanriot HD1 (twin gunned)
RAF F.E.2.B
Hansa Brandenburg D.I ea
Siemens Schuckert DIV 1/1

The pusher models are especially nice! The plastic is a tad more flexible than the WOW models, but seems up to rigors of wargaming. I have made most of these models before from the existing Skytrex or Reviresco kits, and I must say this is preferable! These come as a ONE PIECE casting, the only assembly is to glue on the prop. The plastic is not slick, so should take paint quite well. They also make planes from the Flight of Giants expansion. I will get a couple now that I have seen the quality of the smaller (and cheaper) models.
Re: 1:144 scale WW1 airplane models [message #43761 is a reply to message #39141 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 21:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kduke42  is currently offline kduke42
Go to all my models
I think you got you makers backwards.

Previous Topic:second time the charm
Next Topic:Custom iPhone Case designed for Lionize Records

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.