Home »  » 3D modeler needed » iPhone case modifications needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
iPhone case modifications needed [message #39138] Wed, 23 November 2011 16:58 UTC
avatar skiddyfisk  is currently offline skiddyfisk
Go to all my models
Background: I'm trying to fabricate a case for my iPod touch that will make it resemble the outer dimensions of an iPhone. Towards that end, I bought a piece of replacement back glass and a bumper case, but I forgot to actually check the dimensions of an ipod vs. an iphone and it turns out the ipod is about 5.2 mm shorter. I was able to grind the glass piece down enough to fit that size, but my attempt to chop the bumper case was less successful. :<

http://i.imgur.com/mNvn6m.jpg

It's really not structurally sound :<

What I need is a fairly standard Iphone 4/4s bumper case (like this one) with solid sides, modified as follows:

-shortened vertically by 5.2mm
-hole for mute switch removed
-hole for headphone jack moved from upper-left to lower-right

If it's possible to add bits to the inside of the buttons so they actually reach the ipod buttons, that'd be cool too.

This doesn't seem like a huge amount of work for someone who already has one of these modeled - if I'm wrong and it will be hugely time consuming, then bleh.

Previous Topic:Modeler needed for Coin - Turn images into model!
Next Topic:Seeking help and suggestion on the minimum resoultion of a model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.