Home » Community » Feature this!  » Custom World Flutes Decorated
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Custom World Flutes Decorated [message #39022] Tue, 22 November 2011 02:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar CuttingEdgeFlutes  is currently offline CuttingEdgeFlutes
Go to my shop
Opening my Shapeways Shop and links to webstore for custom 3D printed and decorated Native American flutes and panpipes.

Custom Flute Webstore

Samples Available at Shapeways:
Tribal Flute
Space Flute
Forest Flute

Panpipes Starry Night van Gogh
Panpipes Dust and Fire
Panpipes Iconography

A lot more designs coming as I test them as instruments and verify performance: alternative tunings for flutes and panpipes, double flutes, many decorations.

Edit: Photos of Printed Flutes and Panpipes
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/996eaf00e44bd4faca1d_3.jpg
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/a2e701edcd02e9e52572_5.jpg
http://media.use.com/images/s_2/c09b6f031d573e31976e_1.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 01:48 UTC]

Re: Custom World Flutes Decorated [message #39250 is a reply to message #39022 ] Fri, 25 November 2011 05:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Awesome! Welcome to the Shapeways community! I've made a Bronze Shakuhachi Flute so far which you may have seen already, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Cheers,
Matt & Sheila
Re: Custom World Flutes Decorated [message #39342 is a reply to message #39250 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 02:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CuttingEdgeFlutes  is currently offline CuttingEdgeFlutes
Go to my shop
Hi Shelia - thanks! yes, I saw your bronze "hard copy" and was very impressed! I'm very new to CAD and such, and it was hard enough getting texture mapping figured out! Your sculptured flute is gorgeous. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to bring some 3D decoration to the flutes. I thought maybe embossing would be easier, but haven't found anything "trivial" for a relative newbie like me. Displacement mapping was something I tried a little bit of, but was very unhappy with the results. I tried importing a flute into sculptris - which was arduous, as it would hang on a lot of files that other CAD programs were just fine with (well, it IS free!) - but was not happy with what I could do there.

Love your flute.
Re: Custom World Flutes Decorated [message #39618 is a reply to message #39022 ] Wed, 30 November 2011 22:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Hi!, Thanks for the compliments. Smile I really like the sound of your flutes, they are great. I think if you tried your hand at Zbrush software or Mudbox you'd be able to get some really nice detail added into your flute designs.

Cheers,
Matt & Sheila

Previous Topic:BladeKey
Next Topic:illusion iPhone Case 4/4S

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.